Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Oh, I've moved a large van from Wakefield to Ayr. It contained a bicycle. Currently I'm at Ayr station.

I hired a 'small' van, but this definitely wasn't 'small'. My entire bike fleet would have fitted in, although they would then be in Ayr and stuck there.

And apologies to anyone from Ayr but it's grotty. Although Café 51 just south of the centre is nice.

It is, but there are some wonderful beaches in the area.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
My working day is completed

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Mixed weather today so sunshine and showers.
Managed I think to get all my gubbins in from the car but much has still to be put into the appropriate storage. The freezer stuff is put away as soon as I get home as that cannot wait.
Gathered some bits for the parking priority notice I am assembling for a neighbour so that should get finished tomorrow tho' the weather forecast is not too good for working outside.
A letter has arrived from Glasgow Royal Infirmary where I had a consultation last week re my aortic valve. It gives me notice of a telephone appointment in March 2026.
Not sure how to take this as it is either good news or is it that they do not expect me to last that long so saves them the bother of an operation at my age. The consultant I spoke with suggested 6 months before any action but 2026 is rather longer than that.
I do have a phone appointment with a local GP tomorrow regarding a different problem so interesting to hear what he has to say regarding the heart problem.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
When I worked as a postman I cycled 4 miles each way to work but also cycled on the job as I had mostly a far flung walk.
Most of my working life I lived more or less on the job and was just a couple of minutes walk to work.
In my distillery period I could hear the plant working and lack of night noise meant trouble so I was mostly up and dressed before the phone rang.
Farming I lived in the farm bothy with an 0530 start every morning.
Latterly I was a five minute walk to work.

When I used to commute into London it was a 15 minute walk to the station, 30+ mins on the train then I used walk to wherever I was working, up to an hour. I could have used the underground & sometimes did but walking was often more pleasant.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Please excuse my attire this evening. I have just come in from the garden, a mixture of pottering, relaxing on the sun lounger and watering the plants. The Patient does not feel the heat, so the house is, imo, too hot.

The coolest thing to wear is a nightdress. For those of a nervous disposition, please be reassured that is a modest nightdress of the modest variety, knee length and no low neckline.

Mike_P

Guru
Cloudy afternoon with a sunny end. Ebikes been to Lidl for its rider to get a bag of oranges and use a 15% off rice cakes. Nothing tempting in the middle aisle and oddly the printed brouchure is silent as to what is on offer on Sun 20th.

Top Bottom