Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
First cuppa brewing
Garden bird feeders have been topped up

I may do, but they'd be most unlikely to post them back (cheapskate Wetherspoons) and the cost of getting there and back outweighs the cost of new keys. There's nothing on the key ring to identify where I live, just the three keys, so no danger of them being used for nefarious purposes if they were lost elsewhere and found.

Ah! It's best to have your name and address etched into each key so that if found they can be returned to you! :whistle:

Morning.
Sunny here with a few vapour trails about.
I'm not sure if I mentioned it yesterday. My wife tripped and head butted a pavement yesterday. I have to stay in and keep an eye on her. The hospital think she has broken her nose as well as her glasses. One eye was turning black last night. She didn't react by putting her hands out in front of her as she fell so her knees and head took the full impact. She tripped over a sleeping policeman years ago in an underground car park
That time she put her hands out to save herself and her fingers bent back at right angles. She manipulated them back before being taken to the A&E. :ohmy:

tyred

Legendary Member
I did eventually fall asleep for 40 minutes or so just when I was thinking about getting up and it's now to late to fit in my usual four mile walk before breakfast and work. It's absolutely bucketing rain anyway. It is bouncing of the ground and running down the road like a burn.

I love summer :rain:

I just thought I would look at the amateur astronomy thread to see if it was aimed at amateurs. It's a bit too high level for me. It's a bit like that chap on The Sky At Night. He will tell you to find a star you have never heard of and then from there to another! Totally bewildering! Why not make things easy and start off by finding the moon and going from there!
The constellation Orion is much easier to find it you look for an old fashioned triangular kite.
That's the level I'm at .

Oh!
I saw a vintage 1/24 scale Scalextric set at the car boot sale on Sunday. I can vaguely remember the adverts for them back in the late 60's. I think there was an E Type Jag and a couple of Indianapolis type cars with a Power Sled type motor. Could I find anything on the net ?
Sweet BA ! :angry:

Gwylan

Veteran
I have a tag attached to my car keys with a mobile phone number. If keys are lost just be careful about what info I give out if called and collect the keys. Certainly not ask for delivery unless the finder is known.

Include the word "Reward" to increase the response rate.
I've used Weatherspoon's gift cards. It's worth £20 to get the car keys or the garage remote gizzmo back.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Wet and windy with ferry disruptions due to winds forecast up to 50mph.
In any case ferries are upset due to an engine fire on LOTI so our large boat MV Isle of Mull has been sent to the Outer Isles and we are left to guddle along as best we can with the small boat.
Cruise liner came yesterday and apparently disgorged up to 1000 passengers ashore. The mind boggles at the disruption caused but I remained at home to avoid them.
The Harbour Authority of course loves them as they will get landing fees.

I'm mildly paranoid about my keys as I have the master key from work on my ring: if I lose them someone could get through the security door, into the office and open the safe. I leave that portion of the ring at home whenever I travel anywhere apart from work.

Social workers trade unions cover insurance for master keys as part of the membership, so I guess I'm not the only one who is a bit nervous about it.

Last edited:
Wet and windy with ferry disruptions due to winds forecast up to 50mph.
In any case ferries are upset due to an engine fire on LOTI so our large boat MV Isle of Mull has been sent to the Outer Isles and we are left to guddle along as best we can with the small boat.
Cruise liner came yesterday and apparently disgorged up to 1000 passengers ashore. The mind boggles at the disruption caused but I remained at home to avoid them.
The Harbour Authority of course loves them as they will get landing fees.

Ever thought about making up a large spherical object with spikes on, a bit like a very large conker and floating that in the sea when the big cruise liners turn up ? :whistle:

Last edited:
Top Bottom