Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
It always amazes me how far some people will travel to do a daily job .

My wife had a temporary supply teaching job and drove about 90 miles daily to teach five children. Single track roads but before the touroid infestation so not as bad as it sounds and it was only for a week.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Wind and rain with currently thunder and lightning in the mix.
I still have stuff to bring in from my car after the recent trip off island and a sign to put up for a neighbour regarding parking.
The sign she had was "accidentally" removed by the holiday house owner as I think he wants to elbow us out to give his punters more parking choice. He has shifted his bins to make it more convenient for them to invade our parking spaces as well.
Is it any wonder we detest holiday houses?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a bright, sunny and very warm already Suffolk. Coffee and a biscuit have been had to get the day started and I can hear the bins being emptied further round the close.

A ride out for lunch will be taken later with the destination still to be decided - my preferred option is unavailable due to the closure of the rail line this week for track replacement.

It always amazes me how far some people will travel to do a daily job .

Yes. My first job was a couple of miles away. My second after 8 years was 7 miles, then 1 , 8, 2, 60, 12, 2, 8.

Top Bottom