Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
In my COVID-free world, I made an exciting trip to the shop for some groceries and verified my nice, shiny new card in the ATM Machine.

Got a long letter and an enormous list of questions to answer from my solicitor. I find the way the legal profession work to be unintelligible.

Did 20 miles on the Galaxy. Definitely feeling a bit more lively than I was last night.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
One of these days I really should start acting my age and start doing sensible things - just not for a little while.
I ended up going to Norwich for lunch in the end. 55 miles by bike on the hottest day of the year (30°C+) just for a small brunch and a couple of drinks before getting the train home. And when I got home I found that I'd lost my keys somewhere - my money's on them being in the pub as I paid cash for the first drink and loose change & keys are kept in the same pocket. Which meant another quick outing to mum's as she's got a spare which I borrowed.
Will need to get replacement keys for the front & back door locks and the shed lock cut on Tuesday from the spares I keep at home.

Mike_P

Guru
And when I got home I found that I'd lost my keys somewhere - my money's on them being in the pub as I paid cash for the first drink and loose change & keys are kept in the same pocket. Which meant another quick outing to mum's as she's got a spare which I borrowed.
Will need to get replacement keys for the front & back door locks and the shed lock cut on Tuesday from the spares I keep at home.
Phone the pub tomorrow.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Phone the pub tomorrow.

I may do, but they'd be most unlikely to post them back (cheapskate Wetherspoons) and the cost of getting there and back outweighs the cost of new keys. There's nothing on the key ring to identify where I live, just the three keys, so no danger of them being used for nefarious purposes if they were lost elsewhere and found.

Had a lovely luncheon of two slices of wholemeal toast, one with liver sausage and the other with the last of a very fine camembert made with unpasteurized milk, plus an apple, a nectarine, some cherries and two :cuppa:

After, sat outside in the shade working on the writing. It had clouded over some, so despite being very warm, was actually quite pleasant. Got quite a bit done, including completing the changes to the current chapter, and it now seems to work better as a result.

About 6pm-ish, went to the community orchard. In the few days since I was there last, someone has been in with a ladder and stripped the greengage trees almost bare. They've also taken a saw / loppers to the branches that had the most fruit and made off with the whole shebang. :angry: Having said that, I still managed to find enough left to have a useful quantity. Most of them aren't quite ripe yet, but it was either take them now or risk not having any at all. Ergo what I *do* have will most likely be diverted to making jam.

Also noticed that the early season apples have been dropping off and that people had also already been picking them. So hooned home for a basket and my gardening shoes (it's a squishy mess under those trees), and picked a couple of trays worth. Still plenty left for other people. Well, for people taller than me, at any rate. :laugh:

There are probably going to be some apple fritters made at some point... :hungry:

Had to laugh that some people picking apples in the orchard this evening were picking late season cookers - a variety that *looks* like a dessert apple, but isn't. They're going to get a bit of a surprise when they try to eat them! :laugh:

As a result of the impromptu return to the orchard, I ended up just having a sausage sandwich and a :cuppa: for supper. Mind you, I wasn't hungry, as I ate three apples while I was picking, and then a handful of cherry plums (mirabelles) that I found in a nearby hedgerow...

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I had a hamburger, and cross cut fries with mayonnaise.

22C here, and cloudy.

Top Bottom