Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm up. Dog's out in the garden tiddling. Tea's brewing. First load of washing in the machine on Night Time leccy.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker

oldwheels

Legendary Member
My comment the other day about needing to sell a couple of Calor Gas cylinders or get rid of a bike to clear shed space was only partly in jest. There were a couple of bikes in my fleet that had hardly been ridden this year and just weren't needed so on Thursday I striped them of the bits I wanted to keep, put on cheapo replacements from my stock of spares and gave them a good cleaning. This morning I rode the first of them up to the local Green Bike Project run by Orwell Mencap, got the train home, loaded up a backpack with some boxed spare inner tubes and a few other bits of use and then rode the second bike to the same project and got the train home again.
The shed looks empty, but so much better.

Calor gas cylinders are only on hire and still belong to Calor Gas I think.
Don’t ask where I got my spare one from as it seems to be slightly grey area.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A bit windy and probably showery today.
Need to gather my stuff together and get some packed into the car for the trip home tomorrow as it is an early start to get freezer shopping before the ferry sails.

It may be a problem getting some furniture into a house but out can be bad also.
I knew an assistant undertaker who was helping to get a body of a large lady out of an upstairs bedroom.
They coffined her and then realised it was going to be a problem getting to ground level but tried anyway. Lost control on the stairs as it had be stood on end and it careered down before the lid flew off and the cadaver was unceremoniously dumped out.
Fortunately no witnesses.:ohmy:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a grey but warm Suffolk. A gentle start to the day with a lie in while drinking coffee and listening to the radio and the sounds of the youth football coming from the local playing field.

Can't do much today as I'm the taxi driver for my stepfather this afternoon as he's having the cataract operation which was delayed from July when he'd picked up an infection. Mum's coming along as support, so while the op's being done, there's a quick meet up planned for coffee with my sister.

tyred

Legendary Member
A bit windy and probably showery today.
Need to gather my stuff together and get some packed into the car for the trip home tomorrow as it is an early start to get freezer shopping before the ferry sails.

It may be a problem getting some furniture into a house but out can be bad also.
I knew an assistant undertaker who was helping to get a body of a large lady out of an upstairs bedroom.
They coffined her and then realised it was going to be a problem getting to ground level but tried anyway. Lost control on the stairs as it had be stood on end and it careered down before the lid flew off and the cadaver was unceremoniously dumped out.
Fortunately no witnesses.:ohmy:

One of those where I probably shouldn't laugh but...

I'm sure most undertakers have similar stories to tell.

I used to know someone who grew up in a family-run seaside hotel who had a real life Faulty Towers type story to tell of a guest who died in his room, and having to smuggle the doctor and whatever officialdom in without the other guests knowing and getting the undertaker to take the remains out the fire exit at 3am to avoid meeting other guests.

classic33

Leg End Member
Calor gas cylinders are only on hire and still belong to Calor Gas I think.
Don’t ask where I got my spare one from as it seems to be slightly grey area.
I'd to buy my cylinders to start with, from BOC, then they did away with buying them and moved to a deposit type scheme.
I lost twice, when they changed to a deposit type scheme they kept the money used to buy the bottles. Then when the depot closed whilst I'd bottles in use.

Top Bottom