Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
This morning there has been a police car in this street, at the house opposite.

Then an estate agent cos the house next door is up for sale.

What is the third one?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Nothing outdoors here today needs watering given the amount falling from the sky.
Does not deter traffic tho' as when I went into Oban and spent too much money on food shopping traffic was nose to tail in both directions.
I do not have problems getting any furniture into or out of my current house. In previous houses which were pretty old we had "interesting" stairs to get bedroom furniture in.
The problem is getting an ICE recumbent trike inside for the winter. The Kettwiessel stays in my car and I doubt I could get it indoors anyway.
The ICE Adventure can get in by taking the seat off and turning it on it's side before shuffling into a spare bedroom [or bike store if you prefer]. They could stay in a shed in the garden but it tends to be damp and there is the possibility of mouse damage on any bits vaguely edible.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Had a chocolate covered CC in M&S the other day.

Was it worth it?

presta

Guru
This is one of the considerations I have to make - the current one only just fits through the doors as I found out when it took me quite a while to figure out how to move it out when I was having the carpets done last month. If it gets replaced, it will just be cut up and moved out in pieces.

Pictures are OK, but they don't give an actual measurement and it seems that a three seater can be anything from 150cm (too small) to 210cm between the arms. Looking around last night, Next seem to be very good with showing the internal sizing and options AND the local store has a furniture department...
It's only for occasional use as I still prefer the recliner armchair for a quick doze and this is also on the potential replacement list.

If they give an outside dimension you can scale the photo from that.

A warm and mostly sunny day here chez Casa Reynard - but a very breezy one, so my internet has been doing the hokey cokey.

Slept well, but still feeling really sleepy. Have spent the day writing and watching the action from Paris. And I also spent some time sitting in the garden. There's been precious little of that happening this summer.

My clubcard vouchers finally turned up in the post. I had been wondering where they'd gotten to.

I need to go and make room for more tea.

Top Bottom