Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Idly browsing online furniture shops as I'm thinking about a new sofa. Why don't more show the internal measurement between armrests so I can work out if they are big enough for me to have a comfortable lie down snooze?

Idly browsing online furniture shops as I'm thinking about a new sofa. Why don't more show the internal measurement between armrests so I can work out if they are big enough for me to have a comfortable lie down snooze?

We bought one which was comfy and large enough to lie down on. The only question they asked was had we ever had any problems getting one into the house before. When It arrived It turned out that it wouldn't fit through a conventional door! We had to store it in a neighbour's garage and get someone to remove our front window to get it in.
When we moved years later I un did the covering at the back and cut through the frame and folded it up. It was still a struggle to get it out.
I fitted steel plates inside it to hold it together.

dicko

Guru
Day 3 of my cold, tissues running low

raleighnut

Legendary Member
We bought one which was comfy and large enough to lie down on. The only question they asked was had we ever had any problems getting one into the house before. When It arrived It turned out that it wouldn't fit through a conventional door! We had to store it in a neighbour's garage and get someone to remove our front window to get it in.
When we moved years later I un did the covering at the back and cut through the frame and folded it up. It was still a struggle to get it out.
I fitted steel plates inside it to hold it together.

Many years ago my ex bought a new suite when it duly turned up the 2 delivery blokes looked at the settee and the entrance and said "That won't go in" I replied "Yes it will" and stood it on end, removed the 'bun feet' and 2 minutes later it was in the flat. One of the delivery men (the older of the 2) turned to me a bit 'gobsmacked' and said "Do you fancy a job mate".....................I declined

Many years of shopfitting gave me the experience and 'eye' to know if something will fit through a gap or not.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Damp looking morning so no triking but a rest day would seem a good idea.
May head into Oban for some shopping. Just unfortunate that the weather does not deter touroid from driving around being a nuisance and clogging up the streets.
My electric shaver is falling to bits rather like it's owner so a new one is needed I think. No idea how old it is but looking at prices it would appear that they have come down by a considerable amount.

Top Bottom