Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

presta

Guru
Idly browsing online furniture shops as I'm thinking about a new sofa. Why don't more show the internal measurement between armrests so I can work out if they are big enough for me to have a comfortable lie down snooze?

Aren't there any pictures you can measure it from?

dicko

Guru
We watched an old film last night." The Tyres" I think. 1967 The main character was Terence Alexander. Bergerac 's FIL. It was about a pair of old lorry tyres dumped in his back garden. What amazed me was the lack of traffic on the roads. The car he drove was a new Honda S800 soft top sports car.

My workmate had an S800 I drove a Honda N500 which was a two cylinder 500cc air cooled and quicker than a Mini Cooper to 70. This was back in 1970

Jenkins

Legendary Member
We bought one which was comfy and large enough to lie down on. The only question they asked was had we ever had any problems getting one into the house before. When It arrived It turned out that it wouldn't fit through a conventional door! We had to store it in a neighbour's garage and get someone to remove our front window to get it in.
When we moved years later I un did the covering at the back and cut through the frame and folded it up. It was still a struggle to get it out.
I fitted steel plates inside it to hold it together.

This is one of the considerations I have to make - the current one only just fits through the doors as I found out when it took me quite a while to figure out how to move it out when I was having the carpets done last month. If it gets replaced, it will just be cut up and moved out in pieces.
Aren't there any pictures you can measure it from?
Pictures are OK, but they don't give an actual measurement and it seems that a three seater can be anything from 150cm (too small) to 210cm between the arms. Looking around last night, Next seem to be very good with showing the internal sizing and options AND the local store has a furniture department...
It's only for occasional use as I still prefer the recliner armchair for a quick doze and this is also on the potential replacement list.

postman

Squire
and postie getting wet,
I am sat here wondering how you know so much about me.Is it a drone up in the sky.Please don't release any footage of me walking with my stick,or sitting outside Marcel's cafe in Meanwood ranting at the motorists who ignore the new road layout.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
This is one of the considerations I have to make - the current one only just fits through the doors as I found out when it took me quite a while to figure out how to move it out when I was having the carpets done last month. If it gets replaced, it will just be cut up and moved out in pieces.

Pictures are OK, but they don't give an actual measurement and it seems that a three seater can be anything from 150cm (too small) to 210cm between the arms. Looking around last night, Next seem to be very good with showing the internal sizing and options AND the local store has a furniture department...
It's only for occasional use as I still prefer the recliner armchair for a quick doze and this is also on the potential replacement list.

If you do try the settee for comfort, it's best to take an alarm clock with you just in case!

Mike_P

Guru
Re getting a sofa in had that problem with my old leather sofa getting it into the house. Was already a few years old. The side gate was too narrow to get round to the back door so it needed a 90 degree shuffle vertically through the sidewards facing porch and front door. The armrests got badly scoffed so a trip to Ikea for some samples of the material which was stuck over the damage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom