Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Thankfully, it's limited to tools and new bike parts. Otherwise, I'd have to extend my contract by about two months.

It would make me set fire to the garage

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The idea of early closing seems quaint now dunnit. I can't recall seeing a shop close since I was a kid, but it seems the law wasn't repealed until as late as 1994.

Our local newsagents/grocers shuts on Wednesday for half day and still closes for lunch between 1pm and 2.30 Mon-Fri though strangely not on a Saturday, old family firm. Also no new staff in the nearly 30yrs I've been going in there.

Jacket potato with beans & cheese for supper.

tyred

Legendary Member
Another horrible and most un-summer-like weather. It was okay for the morning perambulation but it has hardly stopped raining since.

My sinuses are still acting up and my head is all stuffed up and I feel miserable. I've requested another bottle of the steroid nasal spray from the online GP service. Hopefully they approve it in the morning.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
my Mother's house has some vines growing on a fence in the back yard. every time I visit I work on cutting & removing more of them. it's amazing how tenacious they are. particularly difficult are the main stalks which are like you say over an inch thick. I'm going to have to use some kind of saw, but not damage the fence. but it's tucked in a crevice where it is very difficult to reach. almost as if it knew one day I would be there trying to remove it

Battery operated chainsaw worked well for me on those vines. Less than 70 USD in my market, battery charge lasts longer than I can.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Why do I do energetic work such as cleaning the inside windows on such a warm and sunny day? Much easier doing the outside ones using just a wet sponge and one of those Karcher window vac thingies. The unforecast rain even had the decency to hold off until late afternooon before undoing my good work. Even worse was that I was outside doing bike fettling in the warmth when it started. And in the hurry to get stuff inside I ended up with muddy shoe prints on the kitchen floor so that had to be cleaned again after tea.

Not one of my better days. Pass me a beer.

Top Bottom