Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Squire
Rather exciting mundane news for me... I got short notice today I was due my 10 years service award at work.
Well that's strange, I've been there 13 years ?
I told my manager, he's new and has no idea...I thought I got a 10 year award a couple years ago ?
Meh, take it and run he said , they messed things up a while ago and people weren't getting their awards so they just reset everything
OK, I tried. 1 weeks wages or a week added to my holiday allotment, a bottle of champagne and a £250 shopping voucher.
Well I wasn't expecting that . I'll take the week off in a couple weeks . Bonus !

Just watching the Olympic athletics looking at some of the people's names. Are they trying to win at Scrabble?

Mike_P

Guru
Cooler day largely overcast which made it perfect for work visits as I far prefer having a coat or jacket to put stuff in the pockets rather than holding it or hoping it does not fall out of the trousers pocket.
Outbound was delayed by the ♻ wagon, seemingly those on the next street have had to wait 8 days for it to be collected rather than 5.
Work laptop was locked out this pm. Eventually access enabled by IT

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Were you not tempted to try a few laps in the wrong direction?

Having seen my son, along with others on a British Cycling Regional School of Racing session, attempt it. No. Suddenly these rapid youngsters could hardly ride their track bike and were wobbling all over the place, sliding off and generally just being incapable.

I must have done well over 10,000 laps of velodromes in the UK as I've apparently done 4000km / 2500 miles on my track bikes, always turning to the left. Suddenly changing this is probably a recipe for disaster.

And there's always someone there to oversee what's going on from a safety perspective. If there's a quicker way to lose my track accreditation I'm not sure what that would be.

Last edited:

tyred

Legendary Member
Sinuses still a big gunged up but I did venture for a test ride on my Dawes. Did about 25 miles. Very nice to ride, pretty responsive. I don't get on with the saddle though. I've never found any non-Brooks (or similar) saddle comfortable to be honest.

Naturally I got wet. The nights are really starting to close in now too.

IMG_20240807_205803.jpg

Creamy mushroom & garlic pasta for supper, while participating in a live video chat with Sigfried Stohr.

Who incidentally has two cats. A ginger and a tabby and white. The former, I only saw a tail passing behind the sofa, but the latter was washing its inside leg on camera... :crazy:

Top Bottom