Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Grey and drizzly here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept so-so. Feel like a mardy bag today, but that's purely down to lady issues and is solvable with chocolate and paracetamol. Have spent the morning writing and watching the action from Paris. I am hoping the rain will clear up soon, as I will have to cycle to the garage to go and pick the car up.

Madam Lexi insisted on going out into the garden while I went to put some liquid fertilizer on my tomato plants. She came in a bit soggy, and now she's equally in a grumpy mood. It's my fault that she got wet...

Anyways, it is time for luncheon.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A very brief light shower this morning and then turned sunny with not too much wind so got the trike out for a short run.
Rain was visible over Ben Cruachan and appeared to be moving in this direction so did not go far.
Photo of the junction of Bonawe Road from the junction with the Moss Road and then Connel bridge and Falls of Lora.

CB08AF5E-593E-4102-8B9F-169977BBA5B2.png

DAC01268-CA68-46FA-8D77-699F30131C11.png

Mike_P

Guru
We discovered last night that we won't be able to get BBC I player on our TV from October !
We will have to get some new thing or TV! :angry:
Updated coding that either the TV cannot deal with at all or its makers cannot be bothered to issue an update to make it compatible. My old TV lost ITV HD years ago, which was easilly side stepped by PVRing programs so as to skip the adverts but then a lot more channels stopped working. Would suggest a Roku.
Day in the office and once again the ebike not used due to predicted wind gusts nearing 30 which do not seem to have materialised.
Pretty strong gusts predicated by the Met Office untul the end of Saturday with a peak of 41 on Friday.

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
The rain band that was forecast for this morning finally arrived a short while ago and promptly fizzled out into just a bit of cloud as it got here. At least it meant that I got more done than planned, including getting the grass cut and both loads of washing line dried.

Time to have the burger and chips that I couldn't be bothered with on Sunday.

tyred

Legendary Member
Been a strange day, sunny and blue skies one minute, torrential rain the next.

I'm not sure what's up with me but I'm worried I'm taking a cold or Covid or something as I've got a sore throat, a bad headache, blocked sinuses and aches and pains. Not much energy either.

I had hoped to take my Dawes for a test ride but didn't feel like it. Hopefully feel better tomorrow. I did unpack it from the car and am really happy with it. Paintwork all good and plenty of life left in the chain, etc. I see it's got Shimano brake blocks which is probably why the brakes are rubbish. I've never found them any use. It's even got a set of new Vittorio Randoneaur tyres, unfortunately 28s, I'd have put 32s on it if I'd been buying them myself. The rims are wide enough.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning from a partly sunny, warm and sticky Suffolk. The first coffee of the day has been had with paracetamol for breakfast as the sore throat has returned.

Today will be a day of mostly indoor domestics - the first load of washing is in the machine with another to follow once I've changed the bedding, the vacuuming needs to be done, the kitchen flood needs steam mopping and there's also the general tidying up and wiping down to be done. Somewhere in among that lot I will have to fit in a bit of food shopping and coffee breaks.
Burst pipe?

Top Bottom