Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Dawes collected and wallet lightened.

It turned out a lovely afternoon after all and I regret wearing jeans as otherwise I'd have taken the Dawes for a much longer test ride in unfamiliar to me territory.

Had a nice beach walk anyway with fish and chips by the sea. A very laid back journey home sitting in endless queues of caravans but it reduces fuel consumption.

IMG_20240805_183754.jpg

I'll take it out tomorrow after work, adjust the saddle height and try it out properly. The brakes don't seem to be as good as I was expecting.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Who's a silly boy then!
Come 11 O'Clock I didn't feel too bad so decided to head out for a ride and lunch - taking it fairly easy only as far as Stowmarket rather than the longer route to Beccles that I prefer. I could only just about manage to finish the food and a pint and promptly headed to the station for the train home. Once home and showered, I sat in the arm chair and lost another 45 minutes to a snooze.
Best I have a quieter day at home on Tuesday doing some domestics instead.

It's been a warm, humid and overcast day here chez Casa Reynard.

Car failed its MOT :cry: No advisories, but there was a chunk out of the inner shoulder on one of the tyres - which I didn't notice when I gave the car its regular once over the other week. Likely thanks to a pothole - there's plenty of them out here. Had to leave the car at the garage because they didn't have the right size tyre (17 inch, low profile) in stock, and one of the mechanics gave me a lift home. So that's my wallet lightened by another £140. Car will be ready tomorrow, so bike there and chuck it in the back for the return leg.

Still feeling rather grotty. Am really snotified and my get-up-and-go has gotten up and buggered off.

classic33

Leg End Member
It's been a warm, humid and overcast day here chez Casa Reynard.

Car failed its MOT :cry: No advisories, but there was a chunk out of the inner shoulder on one of the tyres - which I didn't notice when I gave the car its regular once over the other week. Likely thanks to a pothole - there's plenty of them out here. Had to leave the car at the garage because they didn't have the right size tyre (17 inch, low profile) in stock, and one of the mechanics gave me a lift home. So that's my wallet lightened by another £140. Car will be ready tomorrow, so bike there and chuck it in the back for the return leg.

Still feeling rather grotty. Am really snotified and my get-up-and-go has gotten up and buggered off.
What'll it cost you to put right?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
32 C here, but otherwise nice. One more hot day around 33C, then more in the mid-20s. I made a trip to Wendy's after groceries as I do not feel like heating the house up with my cooking. Aircon should not have to work that hard.

Top Bottom