Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Lovely morning for 13 miles
Overcast but dry nice sunrise colours when viewed from certain points around the loop
First cuppa brewing

tyred

Legendary Member
Looks like we have more rain ☔ What a wonderful bank holiday weekend this has been.

I've made arrangements to collect my Dawes today as it's likely to be wet to do much else.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where it's everything yesterday wasn't - dry, bright, sunny & warm. Coffee and paracetamol have been had and the worst of the sore throat has been replaced by a stiff shoulder where I must have slept in the wrong position. No idea what I'm doing later - I'll give it a couple of hours to see how I feel and make my decision then.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Covid test was negative, but my head feels like it's been stuffed with cotton wool and I've got really gluey post-nasal drip.

Opened a new box of tests this afternoon, and these were definitely the el cheapo version. There was far less of the suspension solution for each test, the swabs were so thin it was like trying to shove cooked spaghetti up your nose and the nice little touches you got in the earlier boxes - like the stand for your vial - were non existent. OK, I shouldn't complain because they were still free, but you can definitely see where the bean counters were economizing.

Anyways, time for a :cuppa:
Somewhere at the back of a cupboard I've got a couple of boxes of the tests from when they were given out freely, but I have a feeling they may have a best before/use by date of about a year ago.

Edit: found them and they have expiry dates from May 2023 to November 2023!

Last edited:
Top Bottom