Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
£100 for me *glees*

How often do you use the car ? If petrol, and not used much, I'd suggest using Super E5 rather than normal E10 due to the ethanol content - it absorbs water and doesn't keep as long - I run my older car on Super as I don't think I've put fuel in it for 2-3 months and the E10 stuff doesn't last well and causes mis-fires on my car.

I'd often wondered what the difference was.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
How often do you use the car ? If petrol, and not used much, I'd suggest using Super E5 rather than normal E10 due to the ethanol content - it absorbs water and doesn't keep as long - I run my older car on Super as I don't think I've put fuel in it for 2-3 months and the E10 stuff doesn't last well and causes mis-fires on my car.

Edit to add that so far as petrol is concerned we have only one choice.
Take it or leave it.
No idea of the rating and I only get 5 litres at a time for a neighbour who cuts my grass with his petrol mower.

So... doing paperwork on a hot and sticky afternoon after lunch isn't a good idea when I'm normally on my feet and moving around. Fortunately someone called or I'd still be asleep...

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I reported a misleading product listing to Ebay today.

Having bought a set-square set which should include a square, two centring pins, a pencil guide and three drilling guides and only received the square and two pins, i contacted the seller to try to get the missing parts sent but they wouldn't or couldn't send them probably because they don't have them and the listing is bullsh!t. I did get a 50% refund but since they're advertising much more than i got, the listing is misleading at best and a lie at worst... so i reported it.

I got a reply from Ebay saying they 'd looked into it and found no issue with the listing, followed by... "This determination was made using automation or artificial intelligence."

I'll not bother reporting bullsh!t listings to Ebay again.

Top Bottom