Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm suspicious of these makeover programmes by the way in which the presenters are so confident! They are either sniffing glue or filmed things after the dust had settled! :whistle:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Garage can find nothing on their pretty basic computer to account for the occasional misfiring problem with my car.
This only happens at unpredictable intervals and seems to be more prevalent when I go direct from home rather than diverting down to the main street first.
This morning was most strange as when I went down I had no touroid standing in the carriageway, there was space to park and not much moving traffic. It cannot last.
The rain held off as well while I was hanging about.
After a bit of problem logging into my NS&I account Ernie tells me he is donating £300 to me this month.

Some Oban residents are a bit peeved that the station car park has increased charges to £12 for the day and £24 if staying overnight. Railway passengers with a valid ticket however get free parking which seems fair enough.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Garage can find nothing on their pretty basic computer to account for the occasional misfiring problem with my car.
This only happens at unpredictable intervals and seems to be more prevalent when I go direct from home rather than diverting down to the main street first.
This morning was most strange as when I went down I had no touroid standing in the carriageway, there was space to park and not much moving traffic. It cannot last.
The rain held off as well while I was hanging about.
After a bit of problem logging into my NS&I account Ernie tells me he is donating £300 to me this month.

Some Oban residents are a bit peeved that the station car park has increased charges to £12 for the day and £24 if staying overnight. Railway passengers with a valid ticket however get free parking which seems fair enough.

How often do you use the car ? If petrol, and not used much, I'd suggest using Super E5 rather than normal E10 due to the ethanol content - it absorbs water and doesn't keep as long - I run my older car on Super as I don't think I've put fuel in it for 2-3 months and the E10 stuff doesn't last well and causes mis-fires on my car.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from another warm but cloudy start to the day in Suffolk. There was a very short, sharp rain shower that passed through earlier giving everything a good soaking which I hope is all for the day.

Coffee has been had and next up is a trip into town for some food shopping for the weekend - I've decided to go to Brands Hatch for some Mini & Formula Ford racing on Saturday and possibly Snetterton on Sunday for the 750 Motor Club. Saturday's outing will be the first time I've used the car in 3 weeks and I'll also need to top off the Dart Tag account.

tyred

Legendary Member
I tried to withdraw some money from the ATM machine this morning. Transaction declined. :sad: Went to a different machine which told me it was out of date. I realised it expired at the end of last month. Great, I have no way to pay for anything.

I haven't received a replacement. I'm at the bank. Got soaked standing outside waiting for it to open. The guy who unlocked the door used to work with me so I was polite and talked to him for a few minutes and lost my place in the queue in the process!

Now trying to persuade them to let me withdraw some of my money! Take a seat sir and someone will be with you soon...

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Just checked with ERNIE and there's enough heading my way this month to pay for October's return rail tickets to Leeds & Brighton and most of the outward leg of November's first trip to Newcastle when they go on sale over the course of August. Even better is that there's enough credit in my LNER account to bring the outward leg to Leeds down to under £10.

Also the 750 Motor Club have uploaded a very healthy entry list for Snetterton's meeting so that's Sunday sorted which means diesel will need to be purchased. Throw in the long lunch break and I may be able to ride to Thetford and back for supplies as I did a few weeks ago.

tyred

Legendary Member
My new card will apparently be sent out on the next 5 - 7 business days and I now have €250 in nice shiny new notes. I declined the €200 note as shopkeepers don't like them in my experience.

I had to fill out a withdrawal form. I haven't seen one of those since I was a teenager. Luckily all the details I needed were on banking app on my phone. What a PITA it must have been withdrawing money before ATM machines.

It's still raining heavily and almost dark. I think I will cancel my planned ride!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
How often do you use the car ? If petrol, and not used much, I'd suggest using Super E5 rather than normal E10 due to the ethanol content - it absorbs water and doesn't keep as long - I run my older car on Super as I don't think I've put fuel in it for 2-3 months and the E10 stuff doesn't last well and causes mis-fires on my car.

Diesel and in constant use as I live at the top of a steep hill and have problems walking due to balance being not too good as well as currently a dodgy knee and next week I see a cardiologist about a clogged up aortic valve.
I would use my recumbent trike for normal use if I lived somewhere without having to climb a hill which even with e assist is not easy. For leisure rides I can stay mostly on less steep roads but all shopping etc is at sea level.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I tried to withdraw some money from the ATM machine this morning. Transaction declined. :sad: Went to a different machine which told me it was out of date. I realised it expired at the end of last month. Great, I have no way to pay for anything.

I haven't received a replacement. I'm at the bank. Got soaked standing outside waiting for it to open. The guy who unlocked the door used to work with me so I was polite and talked to him for a few minutes and lost my place in the queue in the process!

Now trying to persuade them to let me withdraw some of my money! Take a seat sir and someone will be with you soon...

In the past I have been sent a new card just before the old one expired. At that time it was Clydesdale bank now Virgin so mebbe I should watch out for expiry dates.

Top Bottom