Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Now watching some cricket and trying to think of a name for a very minor character. My original choice - a slightly tongue-in-cheek tribute to a friend - was just too close to the name of one of my main characters and could cause some confusion. So I now need a two-syllable name for a 50-something year old male who runs a bookshop.
←←←←← Ahem ^_^

(OK, I don't have a bookshop, but just about meet the other criteria)

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Now my landline does not work and the display tells me to check line connection so probably my phone is not compatible with the digital conversion. Landline is now off so no alternative.
I may just give it up and rely on mobile but it does make me a bit nervous.
You don't plug the landline into the router until your broadband provider (BT?) lets you know it's ready. Until then, just leave it plugged into the old microfilter socket.

Alas, the young lady (and her swimming costume) appears to be ubiquitous.

hmmm, not getting it in any of my feeds. I had to go looking for it when you mentioned it. totally forgettable but I like her in general. bought tickets about 10 years ago. thought I would take my Daughter cuz I had taken my Son to Red Sox games. Wifey was like, "um no, thank you for the tickets" & she went w/ her :cursing:

Boyracers are circulating again.

used to like this show when I was a kid
Screenshot 2024-07-23 at 6.59.59 PM.png

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
neighbor recently adopted 2 small cats, maybe they were kittens. they are still quite juvenile. they have taken to "walking" one of them, with a leash, in our back area & seemingly wherever the cat wants to lead them. full harness & everything. pretty funny watching a human being led by a cat

You mean they aren't all lead by cats, should cats decide to take them on as pets?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Lovely luncheon of sliced gammon on toast, a banana, a pear and two :cuppa:

Litter trays done, planters all watered (and fed with liquid tomato feed), and some writing done.

Now watching some cricket and trying to think of a name for a very minor character. My original choice - a slightly tongue-in-cheek tribute to a friend - was just too close to the name of one of my main characters and could cause some confusion. So I now need a two-syllable name for a 50-something year old male who runs a bookshop.

Ezra Pound?

Ezra Pound?

Good call, but the name is too old-fashioned. This character would've been born in the late 1960s / early 1970s and grown up somewhere in south London or Kent.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Today is very hot and foolish English bloke that l am , l have been restoring a dry stone wall at our house in SW France. see first photo.
The second two phots show a piece of the rock l am using one side of which has the fossilised imprint of a fern leaf. I had no idea that these rocks are in existence and l'm dead chuffed to have found one . Anyone have knowledge regarding this phenomenon , l would like to know more .

I live near some fossil beds (about 75 miles) mostly leafy ferny old tyme stuff. I need a license from the state to gather, but if I think of it I shall see what I can do with the olde archaeology skills set.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazon_Creek_fossil_beds

classic33

Leg End Member
Lovely luncheon of sliced gammon on toast, a banana, a pear and two :cuppa:

Litter trays done, planters all watered (and fed with liquid tomato feed), and some writing done.

John Smith?

Top Bottom