Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
A more productive day than most. I rebuilt the Sturmey hub in the 700c wheel with long axle from my deceased Record roadster so I will be able to use it in the 135 mm dropouts of my Raleigh Pioneer and make it more usable around here here.

I did about a thirty mile ride in the afternoon. It stayed dry despite the dark, angly looking skies.

Been to see a trad music show and have joined the other volunteers at another trad session in a pub. I have the box office float in my pocket. Best try not to spend it at the bar or get mugged walking home!

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
President Biden is stepping down, replaced by Ms. Harris on the ticket. No woes here, I voted for her in the primaries

Drove down to Alresford to visit Paul's grave. Nearly 4 hours there, three and a half hours back. The M25 is the gift that keeps giving, and the M3 has roadworks nearly halfway to Winchester.

Had the churchyard to myself bar a chap who was trimming back some shrubbery at one end. It was lovely just to sit there in the shade and simply contemplate things.

Am just having some quiet time and a :cuppa:

President Biden is stepping down, replaced by Ms. Harris on the ticket. No woes here, I voted for her in the primaries

I was listening to the debate on that on Radio 5 Live whilst driving home this evening.

The republican reaction has been... interesting. In the same way that watching a toddler have a temper tantrum is interesting.

I hope Ms Harris gets the nomination. Here in the UK she comes across as being quietly competent.

Mike_P

Guru
Got the shopping done - Lidl in the morning and then Sainsbury's in the afternoon as it's the only place I know that sells Halo Sports Wash (best stuff to use on cycling clothing). .
My Sainsbury's had stopped selling it. Using the last bottle of it I have. Have a bottle of Dettol laundry sanitiser and a tub of non bio laundry capsules to use thereafter.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Cloudy but bright today by the looks of it.
Rain is not forecast so may have a try at a trike run.
Tomorrow looks to be sunny but better to get out today while I can. I could have a look tomorrow at a forest track which was recommended .
A new router is supposed to arrive today in preparation for the change to wire free.

Windle

Über Member

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where summer continues with a cloudy and dull start to the day. Coffee has been had with a second one to follow shortly as I just can't get started today. I wonder if the lack of need for breakfast today has anything to do with the four pack of iced ring doughnuts I scoffed last night which were picked up on yellow sticker while in Sainsburys?

Top Bottom