Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Meant to be cloudy so why did I need the sun glasses on to hang the washing out? Looks like I need a new bathroom floor mat as there seems thar a lot of its backing disappeared in the wash

cookiemonster

Squire
IMG_1929.jpeg

😀

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Nothing much achieved today.
One of my car tyres slowly loses pressure but if I check it once a month and keep the pressure up it gives no bother. Not a puncture but a bad seal at the rim I think. Tyre needs replaced soon anyway and will probably be an advisory on the MOT.
Went out to do a tyre check and the rain came on so back indoors a bit damp.
Looked ok so went for a walk and it started to rain on me so damp again.
Gave up and read a book by a well known celebrity author [ at least that is what the cover tells me ] who I have never heard of.
He writes about dinner parties which are now out of fashion which does remind me of when we came here.
We were invited to a dinner party by the main local shopkeeper I think for inspection. What was noteworthy was the guest list.
One of my employees, the local GP, the local bin man, and a couple of councillors all plus wives as well as assorted others I cannot remember. What impressed us was that there was no apparent snobbery and the bin man was a well educated erudite fellow.

Mike_P

Guru
Nearly another cullinary blunder. The defrosted potato croquettes in the fridge turned out be defrosted scampi. They will get used tomorrow. Instructions helpfuly say do not refeeze once defrosted. Cook from frozen.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Nothing much achieved today.
One of my car tyres slowly loses pressure but if I check it once a month and keep the pressure up it gives no bother. Not a puncture but a bad seal at the rim I think. Tyre needs replaced soon anyway and will probably be an advisory on the MOT.
Went out to do a tyre check and the rain came on so back indoors a bit damp.
Looked ok so went for a walk and it started to rain on me so damp again.
Gave up and read a book by a well known celebrity author [ at least that is what the cover tells me ] who I have never heard of.
He writes about dinner parties which are now out of fashion which does remind me of when we came here.
We were invited to a dinner party by the main local shopkeeper I think for inspection. What was noteworthy was the guest list.
One of my employees, the local GP, the local bin man, and a couple of councillors all plus wives as well as assorted others I cannot remember. What impressed us was that there was no apparent snobbery and the bin man was a well educated erudite fellow.

I have a tyre that slowly deflates too but I think it might be the valve rather than a poor seal. My car helpfully tells me when a tyre needs reinflating but on the other hand it doesn't tell me which tyre. This is about as unhelpful as helpful can be.

Meanwhile, I've had 3 really busy days but the good kind
of busy. Grandkid number 2 played an 11-a-side football match against a team from a slightly older range. This didn't prevent the youngsters winning 7 - 1.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A consistently cloudy but warm day - and I'm blaming the warmth on causing my first post teatime snooze that I can remember since retiring.
Got the shopping done - Lidl in the morning and then Sainsbury's in the afternoon as it's the only place I know that sells Halo Sports Wash (best stuff to use on cycling clothing). Also managed to get a load of washing done, line dried and (post snooze) put away.
Still got the Hungarian Grand Prix to watch for the comedy radio messages towards the end.

tyred

Legendary Member
It's on
I have a tyre that slowly deflates too but I think it might be the valve rather than a poor seal. My car helpfully tells me when a tyre needs reinflating but on the other hand it doesn't tell me which tyre. This is about as unhelpful as helpful can be.

Meanwhile, I've had 3 really busy days but the good kind
of busy. Grandkid number 2 played an 11-a-side football match against a team from a slightly older range. This didn't prevent the youngsters winning 7 - 1.

It's one thing I don't miss from my 205 as the tyres were forever slowly loosing pressure. I think old age had got to the rims. They needed sand blasting and re-painted. I'll have to do that whenever I get around to restoring it.

Top Bottom