Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Was dry when I got up but then the 🌧️ rolled in so the car out on shopping tour: Waitrose (paper totally free today), Lidl (15% off rice cakes and actually had a bottle of Caesar Salad Dressing) and Morrisons (the Scampi I could not find in Asda and big bags of peas on offer). Looked at the cycling stuff in Lidl but nothing interested me.

tyred

Legendary Member
Getting a FEB at a cafe is on my "to do" list for next time I visit the UK.
Make sure they give you a rectangular plate!

In the hotel in Carlisle, I was trying to work out how my Full English breakfast differed from the Full Scottish breakfast that I had in Dumfries the previous morning.

Or indeed, how it differed from the above full Irish breakfast.

Traditionally, the proper Ulster fry would also have included potato bread and soda bread and no beans or hash brown but I haven't seen a cafe offer a proper Ulster fry in years.

pawl

Legendary Member
Make sure they give you a rectangular plate!

In the hotel in Carlisle, I was trying to work out how my Full English breakfast differed from the Full Scottish breakfast that I had in Dumfries the previous morning.

Or indeed, how it differed from the above full Irish breakfast.

Traditionally, the proper Ulster fry would also have included potato bread and soda bread and no beans or hash brown but I haven't seen a cafe offer a proper Ulster fry in years.

Some years ago we were in Lanzarote we went to an Irish cafe for an an Irish breakfast.The only difference was white pudding BIL asked what the difference was what the difference was between black pudding and Irish white pudding.Quite righty the waitress answer was one’s black the other white.She did have a look of pity on her face.

I still don’t, know the difference apart from one is black and one white

classic33

Leg End Member
1720875835820.png

Spare set of legs for sale

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
And very much overrated

Adults can buy donuts if they want to.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Some years ago we were in Lanzarote we went to an Irish cafe for an an Irish breakfast.The only difference was white pudding BIL asked what the difference was what the difference was between black pudding and Irish white pudding.Quite righty the waitress answer was one’s black the other white.She did have a look of pity on her face.

I still don’t, know the difference apart from one is black and one white

Black pudding is blood based and white is not?
White puddings I have seen are a bit sweet sometimes and have a lot of oatmeal and probably lots of fat as a binder.

Top Bottom