Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
I've just bought a pair of almost new 26 x 1.10 Schwalbe Durano tyres off the Bay of E for £20 plus P&P.

That'll do nicely. :becool:

But that means you have 3 tyres? 🤔

Gwylan

Veteran
:rain::rain::rain: Looks like a stay at home day. Turned out to be right about not going to Great Yorkshire Show. It’s not much fun when it’s like this. I’ve house work to do and get things ready for when Mrs 73 get home. She just arrived in London.

Yes, we're within earshot of the show and it's precipitating down. Even for Yorkshire.
No bike, no telly, not going to go out and get poured on.
Has Deliveroo reached 'gate?
Rig up tablet, via phone and see what's happening in TDF.

Mike_P

Guru
Yes, we're within earshot of the show and it's precipitating down. Even for Yorkshire.

Best summation of GYS today

Screenshot_2024-07-09-12-20-45-986_com.twitter.android-edit.jpg

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Not exactly a typical works canteen is it ? Says a lot when many of the PFI hospitals and schools don't even have kitchens.

There is one Glasgow hospital where they had a new “state of the art” kitchen but management decided not to use it and food came overnight from somewhere in Wales.
The food was mostly inedible and a lot got dumped. No idea how long this lasted but my wife was a patient at the time and BIL was enraged because he had been responsible for specifying the kitchen as part of his job.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
There is one Glasgow hospital where they had a new “state of the art” kitchen but management decided not to use it and food came overnight from somewhere in Wales.
The food was mostly inedible and a lot got dumped. No idea how long this lasted but my wife was a patient at the time and BIL was enraged because he had been responsible for specifying the kitchen as part of his job.

Yep I was in Leicester Royal and the food was dreadful talking with someone they said the jacket spuds were OK so I tried one, they'd only been 'microwaved' and the skin was just like an unpeeled boiled spud. 2nd time I went in to have the pin removed and a bigger one fitted someone told me about the 'Ethnic' menu and specifically the vegetarian options, Dhall with Saag Aloo and Rice was pretty good with the added bonus of a Chapati and a small pot of natural Yoghurt

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
Best summation of GYS today

View attachment 736977

All sat in the posh seats and enjoying all the posh food over in the members area. Away from the common folk and the mad dash for cover and place to eat your soggy sandwiches. They get quite a shock when they find the odd commoner are also members and get to sit in the posh seats. Always enjoy showing my pass to the Commissionair as we walk in.

tom73

Guru

Newcastle RI from new has an airline style warming up set up. Meals prepped and cook off site and arrived ready to reheat. All part of the service chargers of course.

Warm, humid and rather soggy here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept really well, but not much I can do outside. I did dose all my outdoor planters with a general fertilizer, but otherwise it has been very much an indoorsy kind of day. Madam Lexi has spent the time ensconced in one of the donut beds in the sitting room. I have also done some writing and sorted out the shopping list for later.

This afternoon, I shall have to go to Tesco to pick up a suitable quantity of bread, milk, fruit, veg and cat treats.

Anyways, it is almost time for luncheon.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Bunch of softies the GYS .
I remember selling at Bunessan Show on Mull when we had a whole bunch of people inside our market stall and holding on to the fabric and base fittings to prevent it being blown away.
At Dalmally Show we had to move our pitch as the van wheels were getting in too deep water and it was threatening to get over the top of our wellies. It was not an uncommon occurrence on that field.
Sold a lot of socks that day.
“ I don’t care what style or colour they are so long as they are dry” was a common answer from the punters. The nearby River Orchy had started to flood the field.

Top Bottom