Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Last time I was in Malta I was on a family friend's boat heading for a little island off Gozo for a beach BBQ and 'wine tasting session' and my sunglasses fell off my face into the sea..
If they, perchance, have washed up onto the beach yet, could you bring them back to blighty, please 👍

That happened to me in Thailand. They washed up on the sandy beach next morning, not so much "scratched" as scoured to opacity.

dicko

Guru
Last time I was in Malta I was on a family friend's boat heading for a little island off Gozo for a beach BBQ and 'wine tasting session' and my sunglasses fell off my face into the sea..
If they, perchance, have washed up onto the beach yet, could you bring them back to blighty, please 👍

No problem, been snorkelling off Ramla beach today but no sign yet, will keep looking.

Mike_P

Guru
New lithium battery for universal remote deliveried by postie:eek: Seller getting round the restriction by claiming its a phone case on the customs label.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That happened to me in Thailand. They washed up on the sandy beach next morning, not so much "scratched" as scoured to opacity.

Happened to me in Spain - freak wave, wiped my 'vision' glasses off my face, as well as other people's glasses/hats etc. Found them next day, but ruined. I did have to go to an opticians in the next town. I remembered I'd had a prescription with glasses direct, so logged in, reset password, and low and behold, the prescription was there.

A warm day with a bit of sunshine, but a day that is getting progressively greyer.

Did not sleep well. A combo of impending lady issues and knowing I didn't dare miss the early alarm I'd set as I was expecting a parcel to be delivered. As a result, I feel grumpy and tired. And of course, the parcel has only *just* turned up. It's not one I wanted to chance with the weather, as it is my signed copy of "Don't Look Back" that I pre-ordered for my Cake Day earlier this year. I am SO looking forward to reading it.

I am also grumpy because when I went to the AO website to have another go at re-ordering the fridge freezer I wanted, the damn thing has had a significant hike in price, and is, when all the other costs are applied, now over budget. Given that previous week there was no indication that it was ever on offer, I am now rather annoyed. I strongly suspect that it's the old "push up the price so that the sale price is the actual price" in preparation for sales later in the year.

So If I want to keep in budget, I am now back to square one and may need to consider other options. My second choice (same brand, capacity and energy efficiency, but with one less fridge shelf and without the fancy "keep fresh" vegetable drawer) is now nearly £100 less as opposed to £40 less. So I need to decide whether that's a compromise I'm willing to make in order to stay in budget, or whether I will need to look at alternatives.

On the flip side, my second choice fridge freezer is available from John Lewis, and as I have bought electricals from JL before (phone & printer), hopefully the bank's payment system won't throw a wobbly.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon and I has a hungry.

Top Bottom