Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from an occasionally sunny but mostly grey and chilly Suffolk. Yet more rain overnight and a short but very heavy downpour at about 08:00. The first coffee of the day has been had along with a banana for breakfast and I'm now just waiting for my final lot of deliveries which should be here sometime in the next couple of hours. After that I'd like to get out for some fresh air either on foot or by bike and preferably without getting wet.

notice you are proposing to cut up the empty cartons before dumping. We used to have a public skip in the car park and it was infuriating to find loads of empty boxes filling the whole thing up leaving no room for anybody else.
These are not for disposal in any public dump/bins except for the council recycling centre where the skips are massive and they would be flattened or crushed first to get the all into the car. They would be cut up into pieces small enough to fit into my domestic recycling bin but the problem with this is that it would probably be at least two bin loads.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Certainly a grey looking day in numptonshire so much for the new government making it better as it's rained ever since 😄

The car that appeared overnight outside one of our neighbours is still there and has now been reported local plod not interested by the look of the email reply which is Hardly surprising.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Did alpe zwift yesterday and my legs are a jellied today , pain was setting in by halfway so it was a tough session to do and i did notice there was hardly anyone on it for a change .I did try to use my HRM strap but i think the battery is toast and the coin battery cover is so worn i cant get it off .

Mike_P

Guru
Rain seemingly delayed from 9pm last night to 1pm this afternoon, obviously coming by Easy Jet. Car filled up only then to find the expensive stuff cheaper elsewhere. Iced buns from M&S. Saturdays Times has gone up to £4 and Waitroses voucher hasn't so I had to pay 50p for ostensibly the TV guide and Sudoku page. Need to look at the solution to last weeks 5 interlocked one to work where I went wrong.
Old door carpet joiners along with assorted other metal bits deposited at the recycling site, then to a nursery for a low Sedum for the awkward strip between my drive and the adjacent private drive.

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
While waiting for the deliveries I might as well change the bedding, but do I swap the duvet back from the summer 4.5 tog to the spring/autumn 7 tog one?

Its summer !! time to go sunbathing
1720259710222.jpeg

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
At least I've not missed much weather wise having spent today indoors - once the morning rain stopped it was just miserably grey, then the drizzle commenced mid afternoon followed by a downpour at about tea time, then back to the lighter rain we have now, although the radar is showing more heavy stuff potentially heading this way.

Also this afternoon the new broadband router was delivered ahead of the switchover to 'digital voice'. Setting it up will be easy, changing all the wi-fi details and passwords on my various devices on the other hand...

The answer is to have your own firewall & wifi fed off the broadband, then you don't have to do anything.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Well, that's one definition of politicians, I suppose - and a largely accurate one. But Trump is bendier than a bent paperclip and more slippery than a greased rugby ball in a rainstorm.

I don't think he's any worse than any other politician, they're just better at hiding it. I see we now have a justice secretary who goes on free Palestine marches, for example.

Top Bottom