Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Now that that's over what shall we do now ? :whistle:

Start laughing at our show, I would suppose.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
thank you! went to a local park for a "The Cars" cover band & then fireworks. the lines for sausage, pepper & onion subs were long but I got mine. Wife doesn't eat "that stuff". quite the crowd turned out. we met friends & didn't sit where we usually sit & got stuck in massive pedestrian crowds & then there was a parking disaster, for some unknown reason. took us 1.5 hrs to get out of there. a few minor medical emergencies, I think due to the heat & humidity. I saw & checked one at least 2 ppl who seemed distressed
View attachment 736536

View attachment 736537

View attachment 736544

View attachment 736538
we all had to funnel into this lit trail. a little stressful but everyone cooperated
View attachment 736540
once we got to the trail, we were moving consistently
View attachment 736541

View attachment 736542
traffic did not move 1 inch for an hour. we went to our car in that raised garage twice, only to sit in the heat & humidity w/ so many ppl running their engines for a/c. it was gross. so we walked out, twice, waited, watched & found some dark shrubs for pit-stops. normally we arrive 15 minutes before fireworks, park on a street, walk in, watch, then walk out & drive away
View attachment 736543
everyone loves a finale

View: https://youtu.be/X-kzK2C5EZc?si=83sNkvgTM66vdn1S

Yeah, I missed ours, but much the same sort of thing, substitute bratwurst and sauerkraut for the peppers and sausage. Our dog, who I thought would be fearful of the feurwerken, actually sat in our back lawn and listened intently.

Yeah, I missed ours, but much the same sort of thing, substitute bratwurst and sauerkraut for the peppers and sausage. Our dog, who I thought would be fearful of the feurwerken, actually sat in our back lawn and listened intently.

dogs are smart. probably understood what to feel by observing you. probably felt safe within your property boundaries

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Well... THAT was a bit of a storm!! ☔☔⚡ ⚡ ☔☔
Just as I was doing my vehicle & trailer checks, too! 😂

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I am now all DIY'd out - the last two items have been asembled over the course of the day and are now filled with clothing. My recycling bin is full of cardboard packaging from inside the boxes and I have 10 large empty cardboard boxes to either take to the recycling centre or try to cut up and fit in the recycling bin once it's been emptied next week. Plus whatever amount of packaging the bits being delivered on Saturday arrive in (at least these items should be simpler to put together).
Also destined for the recycling centre are the 4 drawers from the old wardrobe, the frontroom unit dismantled on Tuesday, two bookcases (I bit the bullet and threw out a load of old videos and trashy paperbacks) plus the coffee table, bedside unit & TV stand that are being replaced. And an old Calor gas portable heater - does anybody want to buy a couple of 15kg butane bottles with some gas still in each?
With the amount I've got to get rid of, I'm thinking of applying for a waste carriers licence.

I notice you are proposing to cut up the empty cartons before dumping. We used to have a public skip in the car park and it was infuriating to find loads of empty boxes filling the whole thing up leaving no room for anybody else.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Looked like it was going to be a nice day when I got out of bed but not so sure now. The forecast for tomorrow looks good tho'.
Library day I think as it has been shut for a couple of weeks.
Not going in the morning as they are advertising some events for toddlers and there is not a lot of floor space and certainly would be no peace to browse.
Need to go and mop up surplus chain lube in the car.
Knee still bothering so need to go and put on more Ibuprofen gel as it all gets washed off in the shower.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Today's 73 plate truck has 210653 kilometres on the odometer and has taken me to Cromer where I had a nice couple of miles walk along the promenade & up the pier..
Sadly, no ice cream @ 08:00 so had to make do with an Iced Bun... 👍

DSC_5003.JPG

Top Bottom