Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
another text from mni ck 2 at dinner time saying she feeling sick !!

One of the players of the womens football team she supports has signed for another team ......

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
It will be the turning off the analog copper network they are updating the network across the country. Should lead to better network and faster broadband speeds.

So that you have another bit of electronics to power in the home, instead of being powered by the central battery, which of course doesn't work when you have a power cut.

Actually, probably not. Both main parties haven't a clue. Although I think Labour will have cause to regret doing so well. The next few years are going to be bad both fiscally & socially.

What could be worse than having to make a binary choice between a pathological liar and convicted felon or a well-meaning but rather doddery old fart? Maybe Kanye West will stand again...

Nah, love our political system or loathe it, at least we've got a range of choices on the ballot paper. And let's face it, whoever is in No 10 right now is always going to face an uphill battle.

I still think Larry the Cat would make the best Prime Minister.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
What could be worse than having to make a binary choice between a pathological liar and convicted felon or a well-meaning but rather doddery old fart? Maybe Kanye West will stand again...

Nah, love our political system or loathe it, at least we've got a range of choices on the ballot paper. And let's face it, whoever is in No 10 right now is always going to face an uphill battle.

I still think Larry the Cat would make the best Prime Minister.

Haven't we been voting between pathological liars?

Mike_P

Guru
A look at the weather forecast and ebike made its pre GYS trip to Sainsbury's this evening. The showground already looking full of tents, parked caravans by the dozen and traffic management people in force despite a seeming lack of traffic beyond me and a dog walker. Earlier in the ride my first encounter for some time of a dog that must chase the cyclist.

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I am now all DIY'd out - the last two items have been asembled over the course of the day and are now filled with clothing. My recycling bin is full of cardboard packaging from inside the boxes and I have 10 large empty cardboard boxes to either take to the recycling centre or try to cut up and fit in the recycling bin once it's been emptied next week. Plus whatever amount of packaging the bits being delivered on Saturday arrive in (at least these items should be simpler to put together).
Also destined for the recycling centre are the 4 drawers from the old wardrobe, the frontroom unit dismantled on Tuesday, two bookcases (I bit the bullet and threw out a load of old videos and trashy paperbacks) plus the coffee table, bedside unit & TV stand that are being replaced. And an old Calor gas portable heater - does anybody want to buy a couple of 15kg butane bottles with some gas still in each?
With the amount I've got to get rid of, I'm thinking of applying for a waste carriers licence.

Top Bottom