Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Is that the 'digital voice' thing where you plug your old landline phone into the router instead of the phone socket so all calls are made over the internet? I've been getting those as well and a new router is being delivered on Friday as my current one doesn't have the correct socket. If only I could persuade my mum to call my mobile instead of the landline then I wouldn't need a landline at all and save £3 per month.

Not really paid much attention but I think it is as you suggest. I would also get rid of the landline but I do not entirely trust the mobile so keeping it meantime. There are too many reports locally about no mobile signal.
My nearest neighbour works for Openreach so I expect him to keep me updated.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Just called into out local tescos they are moving everything around. Not sure why some things are now with other things. The flow is a bit lost but having not seen the full store lay out and sales plan. It's hard to see that they are trying for. A few things are also being delisted so stocked up on biscuits for Mrs 73 snap for work. The packs of shortbread will go away for Christmas it's well in date. Vinto cardinal was on club card not had it for years. So having a treat be nice made up with the lemonade I also got.

They shift things around so that you have to search for whatever you went in for. The expectation is that you will then notice and buy things you had not thought of.
This information came from a supermarket manager.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Another dismal day. Not really rain but just very wet with no wind currently.
Not doing much today as my knee is playing up and getting treated meantime with iboprofen gel and paracetamol.
My doctor appointment is not till Tuesday morning as my car is going for a minor service on Monday.
I can still I think ride the trike without knee bother but it lives in the car and Monday looks to be the only possible day with no rain forecast.
Not going out at 0730 to get the trike out but I could use the other one which is a problem as I live at the top of a hill and it has no e assist. Too much pressure with a dicky knee would probably not be a good idea.
Another afternoon/evening of chaos yesterday in Oban with the main road out closed. Motorbike and car collision and not a good result for the motorcyclist.
SNP retained our local seat with a very comfortable majority despite the barrage of anti SNP propaganda. Nothing very specific but just constant repetition of " We hate you".

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from an overcast and wet corner of Suffolk where the first coffee of the day has just been finished. Day two of putting things together badly is about to commence.

Remarkably, given the largely rural nature of this constituency, we've gone red with Nellie the Effluent having been given the boot to go along with her recently announced gong.

tom73

Guru
They shift things around so that you have to search for whatever you went in for. The expectation is that you will then notice and buy things you had not thought of.

Thats partly it but now its even more complex the amount of customer flow is massive. Not only do they know which way people go round but how long they spend in each aisle. Even what they look at down each aisle add in all the spending data and time of day ect data from loyalty cards. Modern retail has a hell of lot real time data store by store. All this feeds into any store changes and refit programs. The about of time we spent on feeding this stuff into all aspects. Of the business was massive and back then we had much less than now.

Last edited:

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Second cuppa about to be consumed
Food delivery has been delivered

Mike_P

Guru

Flip, will need to go to Sainsbury's again as its shut next week while the Great Yorkshire show is on and the staff spend the time playing skittles with shelves. First visit thereafter can takes ages. North Yorkshire did its usual anti Tory vote with Scarbados, Selby and York Outer both flipping to Labour and Harrogate & Knaresborough to the LibDems. York Inner remained with Labour and the remainder stayed Tory.

Last edited:
Top Bottom