Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
Flip, will need to go to Sainsbury's again as its shut next week while the Great Yorkshire show is on and the staff spend the time pkaying skittles with shelves. First visit thereafter can takes ages. North Yorkshire did its usual anti Tory vote with Scarbados and York Outer both flipping to Labour and Harrogate & Knaresborough to the LibDems. York Inner and Selby remained with Labour and the remainder stayed Tory.

It's time for the annual pilgrimage. It seems I won't be packing the Factor 50 this year. Galloshes might be the order.
Look out for an aged on a Cowboy. Probably the only one in Yorkshire.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Flip, will need to go to Sainsbury's again as its shut next week while the Great Yorkshire show is on and the staff spend the time pkaying skittles with shelves. First visit thereafter can takes ages. North Yorkshire did its usual anti Tory vote with Scarbados and York Outer both flipping to Labour and Harrogate & Knaresborough to the LibDems. York Inner and Selby remained with Labour and the remainder stayed Tory.

We used to go to Harrogate every year to a Trade Show where we did a lot of buying and selling. Stayed in a variety of hotels but our last visit was by motorhome on a site which I think was the ground for the Great Yorkshire show. We liked the underground market and a good variety of small shops.

A warm, grey and dry day here chez Casa Reynard.

Did not sleep well, knowing that I was expecting a package of some stock car programmes to be re-delivered after I missed the post yesterday. Post here is haphazard, and can arrive any time between 12 and half past two. I had planned on sitting outside with my laptop and waiting. Turns out they turned up several hours early, and I'm like WTF. And did they not even try to knock? Same as yesterday. I do not think it's our regular chap, as he would just leave it in my secure letterbox. The programmes are A5, so they'll fit in there with ease.

I now have to arrange either to pick up from somewhere or get it re-delivered. Sigh. Looks like my local sorting office no longer does the "pick it up next day" thing. And they've slashed their opening hours to two hours a day, except on market day, where they're open for a massive FOUR hours a day...

Anyways, given that and the lack of sleep, I'm a bit of a grumpy bag today LOL. Still, the result here meant that the culture secretary bit the dust. By just shy of 500 votes.

Regardless of what colour tie or hair ribbons all of us Mundaners prefer to wear, I just hope that things get done quietly and professionally for the next parliament, without any of the infighting, divisiveness, fannying around, posturing and general incompetence that's characterised the last few years.

And in any case, I think it's time for luncheon.

Had a lovely luncheon of two slices of wholemeal toast, one with the turkey, gammon & sweetcorn that was left over from last night, the other with cream cheese that I jazzed up with chives and chopped shallot, plus a banana, a nectarine and two :cuppa:

Plan on having a quiet afternoon doing a bit of writing and stuff.

thank you! went to a local park for a "The Cars" cover band & then fireworks. the lines for sausage, pepper & onion subs were long but I got mine. Wife doesn't eat "that stuff". quite the crowd turned out. we met friends & didn't sit where we usually sit & got stuck in massive pedestrian crowds & then there was a parking disaster, for some unknown reason. took us 1.5 hrs to get out of there. a few minor medical emergencies, I think due to the heat & humidity. I saw & checked one at least 2 ppl who seemed distressed
cover band pano small.jpg

sawzeech.jpg

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 12.07.02 PM.png

G0013649.jpg

we all had to funnel into this lit trail. a little stressful but everyone cooperated
funnel in.jpg

once we got to the trail, we were moving consistently
wooded trail.jpg

emts.jpg

traffic did not move 1 inch for an hour. we went to our car in that raised garage twice, only to sit in the heat & humidity w/ so many ppl running their engines for a/c. it was gross. so we walked out, twice, waited, watched & found some dark shrubs for pit-stops. normally we arrive 15 minutes before fireworks, park on a street, walk in, watch, then walk out & drive away
traffic jam.jpg

everyone loves a finale

View: https://youtu.be/X-kzK2C5EZc?si=83sNkvgTM66vdn1S

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Another mixed day so far as weather is concerned. Started wet then sunshine but that was only to tempt you out before the next wet spell. Not much wind after yesterday’s gales.
Finally got round to doing chain lube on the Kett. trike which can be done in the car/van as there is a lifting tailgate to protect from any rain.
Not particularly simple as the rear end has to be jacked up and since the car is parked on a slight sideways slope it tends to tip to one side. You cannot just back pedal to move the chain hence the jacking up of the rear wheels.
I use wet lube and opening a new bottle was not as simple as expected and it took a bit of a fight as well as use of large pliers to get it open.
Base of the rear of the car is now covered under the trike with old newspapers to catch drips. Pretty well the best use of newspapers.
The combination of iboprofen gel plus paracetamol keeps the knee pain under control so long as some common sense is used as well to avoid stressing it.

tom73

Guru
This morning in town spotted Lidi had some nice fresh in Clematis plants. I'd other shopping to do so left them, so thought i'd call in this afternoon and bag a couple. The one that I'd have like had gone but I still managed to find 2 nice ones. 2 Smaller flowered type I left the more big flower over the top ones. Just spent a few hours in the garden mostly strimming the areas of lawn that I'd left long from no-mow may. Now the grass is down and collected up I can get the mower on them later in the week to really Finnish the job. Once cleaned up I set about water the pots and baskets. Time for nice old drink and somthing to eat. But 1st better take Charlie for his potter round the green he's been sat waiting as I was moving around the garden.

Top Bottom