Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just when I said to the parental that this game had extra time and penalties written all over it...

Mike_P

Guru
Carpet fitting ongoing and judging by the noise they've found quite a few unexpected nails where the old stuff had been laid on the stairs
Mine was horrible with nails and grips all over. Took ages to remove them and I still missed some. Resulted in an unexpected use of more filler than I anticipated. Now painted with carpet stair tiles. Has individual steps.
Dry start but drizzle/rain all afternoon.
Giant spares order arrived this am so the new cover for the on ebike charge point fitted. Was a struggle getting the waterproof rubberised T Rex tape off that I had covered the charge point with and then a struggle fitting the cover until I heated the fitting plug section in the steam of a kettle. Discovered the fitting plug of the original was still there so I think a bit of that tape on the cover may be beneficial to reinforce it at the fitting end.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Rain eventually stopped but still cold.
Seemed a busy day with all sorts of things going on but not sure what I actually achieved.
Found a tick on my leg which came off easily as it was fairly accessible.
The pot of stew I made seems good so 6 portions are now in the freezer.
Spent ages searching for a photo on an external drive which I tried to email but it has just vanished.
I did find a not too good one but the motorhome I had included for scale is not in it.
These are carved heads near the village of Errol which are pretty big and not something to come on suddenly on a dark night.

D6D6CE9E-385A-4734-9F4F-A0C05A9456EC.png

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Granddaughter & I are heading down the M1 to that there Larndun.. Three items on our itinerary plus a bit of Boris Biking if we have the chance.
Sorry @deptfordmarmoset not able meet up for a coffee this time as we're not going sarf of the river.. (If time does allow I'll get in touch 👍)

Have a good day wandering around the backwaters of North London. I'm just negotiating a polling day outing with daughter and 2 grandkids to the Norfolk or Suffolk coast.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Nearly time for the evening brew

Jenkins

Legendary Member
It is now raining and I have a piece of furniture in the back garden getting wet - it's a good job that this is the next piece destined for the recycling centre.

Managed to get out for an hour's walk while the work was ongoing and I'm now about to start the long task of shunting everything about again so the rest of the carpet can be laid on Tuesday.

Have also won three of the four Bay of E lots I was after. Nothing overly exciting, just some stock car programmes.

Got the one I was really after, from 1981 and on my list of Things I Know I Need, which will make it one of the earliest items in my collection, plus two from 1982. The one I missed out on was also from 1982. The 1982 programmes are a bit of a shot in the dark, as that's the season I have the least amount of information on.

Of course, it will be the Law of Sod that the one I missed out on is one that I need, and that I won't need the two that I did snaffle. Having said that, if they are of no use, then I can always trade them for something else.

tyred

Legendary Member
I survived the first day of work anyway. It feels as if I hadn't been away to be honest. That's the problem with holidays as reality is always waiting for you when you get home! My wonderful builder still hasn't fixed the railings around my balcony so I suppose I need to remind him but I hate doing it as he will just shout, insult and threaten like he usually does before telling me to "£$£ off.

I had an active two weeks and even after returning from tour, I fitted a lot into the past few days and I think tiredness has finally caught up with me this evening. I walked to the shop for a few things and did a little bit of writing for my blog but very little else. I will take an early night I think.

Top Bottom