Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Perhaps I should have had a bit more recovery time before going out this morning. Yesterday's 50 miles of Fenland potholes, subsidence and general cr4p roads made saddle time a bit uncofortable for the first few miles.
It was worth it though as I'd only popped out to the main CoOp in Felixstowe to get a loaf of bread and some milk, but they had four remaining 660ml bottles of Staropramen lager on yellow label for £1.35 each.

Never mind the politics...

Georgia v Portugal was a belting game of footy. Had a real whiff of an FA Cup tie about it.

Perhaps I should have had a bit more recovery time before going out this morning. Yesterday's 50 miles of Fenland potholes, subsidence and general cr4p roads made saddle time a bit uncofortable for the first few miles.
It was worth it though as I'd only popped out to the main CoOp in Felixstowe to get a loaf of bread and some milk, but they had four remaining 660ml bottles of Staropramen lager on yellow label for £1.35 each.

Yeah, you need something an iron undercarriage around here.

tyred

Legendary Member
Football seems to be happening again tonight.

FB_IMG_1719122022120.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Three more lots of election bumph delivered this morning - small leaflets from the Greens and Reform and a four page newspaper style pamphlet from the Tories. Good to know something's keeping the Royal Mail and the local recycling people in business.

Nearly dozed off while sitting in the garden with a book this evening as it was just the right side of warm.

classic33

Leg End Member
From Pymoor yesterday...
View attachment 735533
Why's the litter bin hiding in the shadow of the postbox?

From Pymoor yesterday...
View attachment 735533

Neat :smile: I've sheltered there when caught out in the rain many a time.

If you keep left as you see the photo, you meet up with the gravel trail that goes past the fishing lakes at Oxlode (a lovely place to stop under the trees on a hot day) all the way to Mepal along the Hundred Foot - it's a really nice traffic-free ride on a fat-tyred hybrid / MTB.

I came in today via Pymoor Sidings, and went home down O Furlong (past the rec ground). It's a nice loop to do when I don't fancy going terribly far.

Top Bottom