Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
You're right, it is.

It took two hours before anyone bothered to say "bonjour" to me ^_^
How long before you said "bonjour" to anyone?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Other than the one rain shower, it stayed dry but mostly cloudy in Norfolk. Took a small flask of coffee and a bottle of squash with me and picked up a pack of sarnies on the way out. Come race time I just set up the chair at my preferred spot, plonked my backside down in it and didn't move until the end of the penultimate race. Motorsport to watch, radio to listen to, Private Eye to read and food & drink to hand - it's what weekends were designed for.

Connel bridge on the mainland is a bottleneck and vehicles are reported tailed back for miles. An accident at Glencoe apparently and all north/south traffic diverted that way in both directions. This inevitably leads to traffic backed up on the A85.

Gosh, if only there was a different form of transport on that route to provide an alternative to car transport. Something like a railway to Ballachulish, perhaps.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Morning, it looks like a clear blue sky, but I am lying down still .
Someone locally has just sneezed twice certainly sounded female ISH ....

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
By this afternoon, I will have to use the hosepipe to water the pots as my butt is very close to empty!

BTW I'm up.

Judging by the feel of ours the main one is half full whilst the secondary one is just below that and the other one is empty .

Started recycling the washing up water last week so that helps conserve our butt water.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Misty morning again but sun may appear later.
Feel very lethargic but must try to get out later either on foot or on trike.

The mainland traffic problems were exacerbated by traffic lights at Dalmally and the Inveraray road appears to have been jammed. Some Muilleachs heading for ferries were stuck at the Dalmally lights which were due to roadworks. Being a Saturday there was probably more traffic than usual as well. There is no easy answer to this chaos and it makes me a bit nervous when I go to the mainland but at least I have a place to stay if ferries are missed.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
But if it was Connel Bridge would be an even bigger bottle neck as the railway used it.

Overcast morning, washer on again. Strange case of missing allen keys to resolve.

Connel bridge was of course originally for the railway but the railway company were not cooperative for years and the main crossing was by a ferry. Somewhere I have a picture showing the dual use and I used the crossing myself when the railway company charged 6p for myself and bike.
Strange you should mention allen keys as I have the same problem. :sad:

Top Bottom