Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
First cuppa went down well enough
Sky is a bit brighter now

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Not yet raining but low cloud on the Morvern shore. Not sure what the weather is going to do today.

Where I live was known a Nappy Valley at one time with so many young children and infants.
In the course of time it changed to Shopkeepers Row as so many shopkeepers and one garage owner lived here.
After that it turned into Costa Geriatrica with all the ancients but now is slowly turning back to Nappy Valley.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from this corner of Suffolk where it's slowly brightening up after a dull and overcast start to the day. The first coffee of the day has been had and I'm trying to decide whether it's gong to be porridge or malted wheaties for breakfast.

I think that a lazy day is due so, unless I get a better offer in the meantime, a trip to Snetterton for an afternoon of sitting in the fresh air and watching the 750 Motor Club's race meeting is in prospect.

tom73

Guru
After a long morning walk and trip to town think I will have a slow gentle day. Just seen Mrs 73 off she's off to York for a meal with her work friends. No doubt she will come back with a few leaving card's and the odd present too.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
pain woke me up very early as the nerve block wore off, dosing up now with provided meds although saving the liquid morphine in case it gets worse.
Cant do much besides veg out for the next few days, when they take the dressing off in just over a week i will see how i feel for getting the turbo set up

Mike_P

Guru

Dull start but sun breaking through which meant the jacket wasn't really necessary for the return from Waitrose on the ebike. Definitely noticeable wind. Came back slower than normal down Humps and hill playing spot the grotty surfaces. Think it must have been the one I had to dodge to miss I hit last night, not deep but looked like rubble of varying sizes.
Should have come back the longer way thereafter as I forgot the cars queuing to get to the "Country Park" for a football tournament on the pitches. Made worse by a driver reversing into the road assuming I was going to stop, didn't really give me much choice. 5.6 miles.

Gwylan

Veteran
I did get a bit of cycling in today, going to see my great grandad and pootling about in the lanes, but after a bit of scran at O'Tacos I got back to my room and felt absolutely destroyed.

I'd planned to ride to Le Touquet on this trip, that won't be happening. Instead I'll get the train over there. I will take the bike, however, cos it's a fair hike on foot from Gare d'Étaples to la plage.

I've taken a boat into Etaples. Very interesting navigation.
Also camped and cycled around Le Touquet. Funny place, really is Paris plage.

Mike_P

Guru
Was meant to be a corner shop (return used coffee pods), Aldi and Co-Op 2.6 mile trek but turned into a corner shop, Co-Op to check they had any ham & cheese bakes (had none Wednesday and Thursday), home to collect wallet and Co-Op 4 mile trek. The home to collect did coincide with Evri delivering a parcel, now hoping Amazon turn up closer to 1pm than 5pm.

Top Bottom