Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Evening cuppa and a stale jaffa cake went down ok
And a bit of jigsaw piecing together
Now time for some old TOTP's

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
He had a Thermos flask in the boot and just opened it?

Or it could be a pressure cooker.

tyred

Legendary Member
I had a duff kidney removed and it was carefully marked out the previous day. Some unlucky soul a few years later and a different surgeon had his good kidney removed by mistake. :eek:

The local hospital once put a plaster of Paris cast on the wrong arm on a neighbour of my grandparents.

When asked why he didn't say it was his right arm that was broken, he replied he had assumed they knew what they were doing!

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
At 02:00 on Thursday morning I got the overnight ferry from Dover to Dunkerque, then spent the day riding a very circuitous route from there to Béthune, much of which was done in Belgium, a route made much more circuitous by there being road works all over the sodding place, and by Google Maps telling me lies about which roads I can and can't cycle on in the route planning.

Today, my legs are completely gone, and my undercarriage feels like it's being in close contact with an angle grinder.

The moral of this silly tale, dear reader, is this; if you're going to ride 140+ km in a day, make sure you've at least done SOME cycling in the previous 12 months.

classic33

Leg End Member
At 02:00 on Thursday morning I got the overnight ferry from Dover to Dunkerque, then spent the day riding a very circuitous route from there to Béthune, much of which was done in Belgium, a route made much more circuitous by there being road works all over the sodding place, and by Google Maps telling me lies about which roads I can and can't cycle on in the route planning.

Today, my legs are completely gone, and my undercarriage feels like it's being in close contact with an angle grinder.

The moral of this silly tale, dear reader, is this; if you're going to ride 140+ km in a day, make sure you've at least done SOME cycling in the previous 12 months.
You haven't got a spare undercarriage you can use whilst your regular one is resting?

Top Bottom