Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I thought we had a leaflet for the Green Party. Turns out it was someone canvassing for their Turfing business!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The weather forecasts for here are usually pretty accurate but today they have got it spectacularly wrong.
We are told we are having heavy rain but it has been dry all day so far.
Went down to collect some meds. from the chemist and both blue badge spaces were occupied by cars with no BB. One was a very spry young person off doing some shopping and certainly not disabled.

A large cruise liner heading our way. They cannot come alongside so we have one less problem, unlike Orkney and Shetland. There large groups of supplied e-bikes set off and cause massive road problems because they do not know how to behave on the main roads and in any case are not used to cycling.
On the mainland I once got behind about 20 in single file going downhill close together. How on earth to pass them safely in the face of constant oncoming traffic? Nightmare.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Veteran
The weather forecasts for here are usually pretty accurate but today they have got it spectacularly wrong.
We are told we are having heavy rain but it has been dry all day so far.
Went doen to collect some meds. from the chemist and both blue badge spaces were occupied by cars with no BB. One was a very spry young person off doing some shopping and certainly not disabled.

A large cruise liner heading our way. They cannot come alongside so we have one less problem, unlike Orkney and Shetland. There large groups of supplied e-bikes set off and cause massive road problems because they do not know how to behave on the main roads and in any case are not used to cycling.
On the mainland I once got behind about 20 in single file going downhill close together. How on earth to pass them safely in the face of constant oncoming traffic? Nightmare.

Also they're mostly foreign and ride on the wrong side of the road.
Can the island insist on a licence, the test can be waived for £50 in cash

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

Mike_P

Guru
The chippings took a bit longer to that I expected as I discovered a former plant hole full of the limestone ones. Hole eventually filled in with soil
Ebike out for primarily apples.It was half four so I was expecting a very stop start ride but only got stopped once en route to Lidl. Transpired I had misread the offer I had, it was 15% off 2kg not 1kg, of which they did not have anyway

Hence to Sainsbury's to use a 32p saving instead and quite fortunate as I picked up the last bag. Normally good for bananas they were either fairly green or in need of immediate consumption so I was glad I had picked two up in Lidl. The ebike had a companion at the bike stands twice its age I discovered and on its original battery.

Hit some depression in the road surface decending Humps and a Hill which probably explains the chain off I discovered at the foot wheh trying to pedal. 9.7 miles

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
1718992599666.jpeg

Top Bottom