Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Cloudy but dry and forecast is for a dry day with a SW wind.
Wait for an hour or two and if it is still ok may get the trike out. I am getting really fed up doing the same runs and need to get some variety but volume of traffic makes that a problem. I do not expect to be off the island again for 3 or 4 weeks. The last time I was off the weather was foul and I got no cycling but did get a change of scene.

A neighbour has got a new priority parking sign put up as she has mobility problems and needs to park close to her house. Looks very official so since the council refuse to give me a blue badge space I asked her how she managed to get this.
£4.99 from a south American River was the answer. Would you like me to get you one? Certainly.
The area where we park is not part of the highway and the council deny ownership. I know this to be untrue but there is no documentation as when we became part of Strathclyde they immediately dumped as many old records they could get their hands on. :angry:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a cloudy, cool and blustery Suffolk. Coffee has been had and I am considering whether to get the hair clippers out or not.

As I have a tip run booked for Thursday to get rid of the old mattresses, I will be cutting the grass this afternoon so that the clippings can be disposed of at the same time.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning from a cloudy, cool and blustery Suffolk. Coffee has been had and I am considering whether to get the hair clippers out or not.

As I have a tip run booked for Thursday to get rid of the old mattresses, I will be cutting the grass this afternoon so that the clippings can be disposed of at the same time.
Questions
Wouldn't it be quicker, and easier, to use a lawnmower to cut the grass not hair clippers?
If you're cutting your hair, not the grass. How much hair are you planning on cutting?

Mike_P

Guru
Washer unexpectedly on, with the lack of sun,now, and wind I was not going to put any washing out but then a bottle of mould prevention fell out of a cupboard in the bathroom and broke. Floor mats and large towel now making sure the washer is mould protected.

pawl

Legendary Member
First cuppa went down well
We have a virgin ( other brands are available ) coming this morning to investigate our internet speeds and related issues so could be fun.
Sky is milky white and the tree tops are swaying

virgin are currently causing chaos in the village digg up pavements to install cabling.SIL had Virgin installed and had numerous problems with both Tv and phone Eventually he had enough with trying to get problems resolved and went back to BT.

tom73

Guru
virgin are currently causing chaos in the village digg up pavements to install cabling.SIL had Virgin installed and had numerous problems with both Tv and phone Eventually he had enough with trying to get problems resolved and went back to BT.

Wait for city fibre to come calling then you will really see chaos they really don't care what mess or problems they brings. It was common to just let pedestrians with no option but to walk into live fas flowing traffic. We 1st had cable installed by then yorkshire fibre later taken over by virgin. They got paid my the metre so no sooner had they dug something up along came the crew filling it and down went the tarmac.

Top Bottom