Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Yes I should have realised the difference. We always stayed at Isle of Whithorn and I forgot that Whithorn is a different place.

Just after I replied to you, I suddenly realised there was no harbour and I was several miles inland so worked it out for myself.

I was at Isle of Whithorn too earlier and had a wander around the harbour and a beer at the Steam Packet Inn. I can confirm there is no shop as someone I was talking to told me there is no shop in the village anymore. I'm sure the building probably still exists, I just wasn't looking for it.

Isle of Whithorn seems a much nicer village than Whithorn from what I seen.

Mike_P

Guru
Telfers originally made the pies, as well as the sarnies, for M&S in Moulton Park, Hamtun. Apparently they substituted cheaper meat cuts than specified. M&S found out and pulled the plug on them within hours.
They only just kept the sandwich making!

A trick clothing firms did was to use the finest materials possible for the sample garments and cheaper materials for the actual store stock. I had a sweatshirt that had been a sample which lasted years, IIRC if it had not had a too close encounter with an electric soldering iron it probably will still be okay.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Decision has been made and the deposit paid so I will have new carpet throughout the house by 2nd July. It'll be a bit of a juggling act moving furniture, etc from room to room as they do the fitting, but I'm sure it'll be fine...

Did a bit of shopping afterwards and I'll take it as a compliment that on my cheapie flat bar bike and with a fairly full backpack I was drafted by a roadie for about a mile before I turned off. Miserable bugger didn't even say thank you for the lead out.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
It is to be noted that I will not be watching the enquiry all day.

It is further to be noted that I will be out in the garden this afternoon.

Mike_P

Guru
Ebike out on a 3.3 mile test ride
Four notable climbs in the 285ft of elevation and no loss of power so it does seem to be the loose fit of old battery that was the problem. Must leave the battery on the bike when its not overly cold at night so as not to wear the latchment opening down as quickly.

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
Old ebike battery and that unused for over 4 years off my previously coverted bike (motor failure killed that) taken to the recycling site. Then had a walk around town, partly noisy as the bus company were promoting their new electric ones, not sure what colouring might give you the red and black ice cream they were selling.

Top Bottom