Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I thought I would have a look at my Tissot Seastar quartz watch . It had stopped working a couple of years ago and was a bit worried about tackling it. I discovered that it just had a press fit case. I put some sellotape on the case where I needed to prize the case open to prevent it from being scratched. I managed to open the case without any trouble and discovered that the battery was just held in by a simple clamp. I have had to order a new battery a V344 a type which doesn't come in those multi packs . :sad:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mad panic. All four cats due at vets, so they have been in the cat run for a while, then I let them in. We were missing one. Spent over 30 minutes searching for her, and it involved climbing over neighbours fences to catch her. Just caught her in time. Appointments are taking a while to arrange as their is a shortage of vaccinations, so I daren't miss it and have to start her treatments again. Fortunately, three cats are on a 'vac for life' plan. Otherwise it would have been over £320. Bill came to £120, £80 checkup/vac for one, then a set of flea and worming drops for all 4. Dear doo.

I usually get flea stuff on line, but needed the flea and worming.

Mike_P

Guru
New recycled plastic suet ball feeder did not last long, something had broken open one side making a suet ball sized opening. Old one hopefully tweaked enough to stay together.
Lunchtime Co-op trek turned into an Aldi one due to yet another orange shortage in the former. Maybe everyone has a 40p off fruit coupon on their app this week.
Ebike battery is tracking as having actually moved further than the missing one.

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Blimey... ⚡ Donner & Blitzen! ⚡ ☔

We have had some heavy showers today.
I have had a run of checking my watch batteries. A couple use the same type,one of those I discovered that the battery was fine, it wasn't working as I had the crown pulled out. Another watch I have now got working . I found that a contact for the battery had some corrosion on it . I cleaned it up with some lime juice and scraped it with a screwdriver.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Showers of rain with sunshine this morning but no showers in the afternoon.
Had a clear out of wine glasses I will never need and a load of towels.
When the whole family was living here we needed a lot of towels but being on my own not so many. Charity shop for the glasses and fabric bank for the excess towels so a trip up to the dump which was deserted. To get to the disposal bit you have to drive past a glass dump with broken glass everywhere. I keep as far away from this as possible.
Would have gone cycling this morning on two wheels but I do not want the trike to get wet so stayed under cover.
I sometimes wonder if a two wheel recumbent might be possible. Years ago I did try various ones at Neatwork in Duns and rather fancied a Linear which I have often regretted not buying. No opportunity now to try anything like that.
Just got a message allegedly from Apple saying my phone is being used for messaging just now but certainly not by me.
I wonder is this another scam as I also got a message telling me to log into my Itunes on CC.

A day of sunshine and biblical-grade showers here chez Casa Reynard.

I slept well. Spent the morning writing. After a fine lunch of a salami & cheese sandwich, a nectarine, a pear and two :cuppa: I then scanned some stuff that needed scanning. After, I knocked more ice out of the freezer (I think that's about as much as I can remove at the moment), re-filled fruit bowls etc, and then I was forced to go out on Slug Patrol.

I removed THIRTY NINE slugs lurking in the vicinity of my planters and pots within the space of about ten minutes - including catching two in the act of climbing up the wood bins to reach the herb pots, strawberries and the assorted small plants and seedlings, and one in the act of eating an almost-ripe strawberry.

Needless to say, those thirty nine slugs will not be bothering my plants any further.

I have also been booked to steward at the Supreme.

simongt

Guru
So the Govt. in their wisdom have now banned the use of Hexamine tablets. Apparently, for someone with 'some knowledge of chemistry', they could be used to make explosives. So can nitrate fertiliser; is that going to be banned on the same basis I wonder - ?
On the health side, because Hexi tablets contain formaldehyde, there is a small possible health risk if you're exposed to a lot of them or eat too many. :wacko:
But as they've been around for nearly a hundred years, why has this only now come to light - ? :whistle:

Top Bottom