Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lovely supper of tomato, mozzarella & pesto tart, with a side of bulgur wheat with roast veg and an olive oil and lemon juice dressing.

Am a happy bunny, because that issue of Auto Express has arrived, and it IS the right one. The Bay of E listing only had a photo of the cover, so there was still an element of guesstimation involved. In that sense, it would be so much more helpful if sellers of periodicals would scan the index / contents page as well as the cover. Some do, which is always welcome, but most don't.

That aside, I enjoyed (if you could put it that way) solving the mystery. But I do wish, not wanting to sound ungrateful, that when people send me something for my collection, they either a) send me the whole article, or b) at least tell me *where* it was copied from. Fortunately, the stack of random photocopied bits needing to be identified has shrunk markedly from its original large wodge. There's actually not that much left that can be filed in the "where the hell's that from" category.

Most of what's left is most likely copied from Motoring News, but I'm holding out for a job lot to come up for sale. Even with postage included, it works out so much cheaper than buying individual issues at four or five quid a pop. And I'm rather regretting the fact that the parentals made me throw out mine (it was a choice between those and the Autosports) so that in their eyes, I could concentrate better on my school work instead.

Morning.
It was a bit sunny a few minutes ago but some cloud has moved in. It is damp out but not raining.
I have been out and put our bins out. There wasn't much in them but I thought it would give them something to do.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dull grey morning and a bit misty round the edges. At least better than yesterday evening when it turned into torrential rain.
Showers are forecast tho' and it is still a bit chilly.
Nothing planned for the day but need to clear out some clutter which seems to accumulate.
There are also various things I should sell but I cannot be bothered with the time wasters. Still got three bikes which I am not going to give away but impossible to sell locally for any reasonable price.

On my last trip off I noticed from the ferry that Duart Castle has no scaffolding.
Looks very strange as I cannot remember ever seeing it in the 50+ years I have been here without the scaffolding.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where it's still damp underfoot from the rain yesterday and overnight. The first coffee of the day has just been finished and I suppose I'd better get moving ready for the carpet flogger's arrival. Once that's over I need to pop into town and get a card for father's day.

There's a music festival in Ipswich over the next couple of days but I've not bothered with tickets as there's only 3 bands I would like to see and two of those are on at the same time. If the weather holds I may go up to see what's happening on the free to attend stage in the town centre.

Top Bottom