Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Depends if it’s separate sciences then it’s physics. If it’s part of a mix of the 3 then it depends which exam board. it’s more complex for us over seeing it.You can end up with 4 different papers at once. Baking is a great science lesson. Chemistry in the baking and physics in the energy needed to make it. Expand it and you can add the carbon footprint.

I shall ask..👍

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dry but cloudy day and very windy. I notice the wind is currently from the SW so a rise in temperature is forecast.
Need to go down to collect my current prescription if I can get parked. That is after I have shifted the wheelie bin from the infernal holiday house off my front bumper.
Do these people think the peasants should just accept their bad manners?
Got some green lentils boiling but no idea what I am going to do with them once ready. My cooking these days tends to be a bit spur of the moment.
No idea why I have green lentils in the first place. :rolleyes:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I have already changed my clothes 3 times today. First, there's the getty-uppy indoors stuff, then there's the pop to the shops stuff, and finally there's the suited version ready for a friend's funeral. Somehow in all the getting dressed and re-dressed I've managed to give myself a cut on the forehead. Not the look I was going for.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where the day has started with a strong coffee and the sun just about shining through thin high cloud. I have just been booked as a family taxi again for the 2nd week of July when my stepfather has his second cataract operation.

The bonus rate on a small savings pot has just expired so I think it's finally time to go on a spending spree and have a local firm come round and give me a price for new carpets all through the house.

Gwylan

Veteran
Dry but cloudy day and very windy. I notice the wind is currently from the SW so a rise in temperature is forecast.
Need to go down to collect my current prescription if I can get parked. That is after I have shifted the wheelie bin from the infernal holiday house off my front bumper.
Do these people think the peasants should just accept their bad manners?
Got some green lentils boiling but no idea what I am going to do with them once ready. My cooking these days tends to be a bit spur of the moment.
No idea why I have green lentils in the first place. :rolleyes:

Madhur Jaffrey (sp) has a nice spicy recipe for them. Make a load and freeze in individual portions. Label the containers.
Handy to zing up a meal. Alright with a fried or poached egg on top.

postman

Squire
Congratulations to your son and future daughter-in-law. Hope your best suit still fits.
I need to check with our fashionista Accy of Lancashire.I am not sure if brown flares and W I D E lapels are still in vogue.I am sure shiny brown Hush Puppies will pass muster.It seems a shame to spend a fortune on a new suit,when one does not know how much time one has left.^_^:becool::laugh::notworthy:

tom73

Guru
We are having a day out by the sea as a break for things. Coffee time at the foot of the keep at Scarborough castle. Blown in two by Cromwell after the Siege during the civil war. The other way the sea. The site has history for Stone Age to the 2rd world war. Not forgetting the German attack in ww1 which damaged the Victorian barracks. One prisoner of note is the founder of the Quakers.

Attachments

• IMG_4817.jpeg
    IMG_4817.jpeg
    217.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4818.jpeg
    IMG_4818.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 6

Mike_P

Guru
Lunchtime trek to the corner shop only to find the print Yodel label in store suspended due to lack of labels. Coffee pods hauled back home again.
For a change did an anti clockwise route and as such clipped off a V shaped hard surfaced path routing by following a soil path alongside a school fence. Two pupils were trying to retrieve a ball so I saved them the task.

Top Bottom