Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fabulous supper of seared lamb loin, mashed potatoes, green beans, caramelized swede and a garlic & herb butter sauce. And some absolutely delicious strawberries* for afters :mrpig:

There's still some lamb left for another main meal and some sandwiches, while the leftover mashed potatoes will be turned into gnocchi, which will then do a tango with the remainder of the sauce.

* the strawberry variety is "Favori" - would really recommend looking out for it right now.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Just this week i saw a joke.A man is not complete till he is married.Then he is finished.Well our son is on holiday in Rome with his gf.This is their first proper holiday without any family members or friends.It is a five year celebration.Well he has only gone and proposed and she has said yes.Now this might be too exciting for mundane news.But we are over the moon.

Congratulations to your son and future daughter-in-law. Hope your best suit still fits.

cookiemonster

Squire
To get to my first primary school, I travelled in a pony and trap.

Luxury.

I had to hop on one leg with both hands tied behind my back.

And I was blindfolded as well. IF I WAS LUCKY!!!!!

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Slightly blue skies this morning so far. Forecast is for a grey day.
Granddaughter is here for the day, today, so I can supervise her making a cake for some people who have been exceptionally helpful to her over the years. Chocolate Fudge Cake is the plan, with physics GCSE (or whatever they're called now) revision between baking, cooling & icing.

tom73

Guru
Slightly blue skies this morning so far. Forecast is for a grey day.
Granddaughter is here for the day, today, so I can supervise her making a cake for some people who have been exceptionally helpful to her over the years. Chocolate Fudge Cake is the plan, with physics GCSE (or whatever they're called now) revision between baking, cooling & icing.

Depends if it’s separate sciences then it’s physics. If it’s part of a mix of the 3 then it depends which exam board. it’s more complex for us over seeing it.You can end up with 4 different papers at once. Baking is a great science lesson. Chemistry in the baking and physics in the energy needed to make it. Expand it and you can add the carbon footprint.

Top Bottom