Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
We are barricaded in Pavements closed.access to properties blocked even on foot Drives blocked Virgin tells us exciting new service coming .

It will be interesting tomorrow bin collection due.

gbb

Squire
Well it boosts the state pension a bit, too.

Make sure you the correct number of paid up stamps, contributions. My tours overseas, hence missing contributions, proved a bit expensive.

All paid up long ago. Yup, by deferring state pension a year, it pumps it up a percentage amount (can't remember the amount)

Added i paid into SERPS for some years so my basic pension next year will be £320 - £350 week (IIRC)

Cool, grey and showery here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept well enough, but it wasn't restful. Sketches have been sent off and now waiting for a response. Also have got some bread going, as it's a friend's birthday, and she always asks for a loaf of my bread in lieu of a cake. I do have some nice cheese to go with that, waiting in my fridge, ready for when I see her tomorrow.

Madam Lexi went out briefly, but is now curled up on the parental's bed instead. She'll be downstairs as soon as I put the kettle on to make a pot of tea for luncheon, as that's her "chicken time"

The only election-based item I have had in my letter box has been my polling card. We're in a new constituency here, as the boundary for Cambridgeshire North East has been moved northwards to Chatteris. Which means that a) no more Stephen Barclay, and b) hopefully no more of the fire-starter leaflets from the swivel-eyed right-wing loonies that we used to get (Reform, English Democrats etc), although I think you could lump at least half of the Conservative party in there as well.

We're now in what is essentially the reconstituted old "Isle of Ely" constituency, but with some wards split off from Cambridge added to the southern boundary. So it will be interesting to see how the vote changes. This USED to be a safe Tory seat, but the old Isle of Ely constituency was held by Clement Freud (Liberal).

Anyways, it is time for luncheon.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Cool, grey and showery here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept well enough, but it wasn't restful. Sketches have been sent off and now waiting for a response. Also have got some bread going, as it's a friend's birthday, and she always asks for a loaf of my bread in lieu of a cake. I do have some nice cheese to go with that, waiting in my fridge, ready for when I see her tomorrow.

Madam Lexi went out briefly, but is now curled up on the parental's bed instead. She'll be downstairs as soon as I put the kettle on to make a pot of tea for luncheon, as that's her "chicken time"

The only election-based item I have had in my letter box has been my polling card. We're in a new constituency here, as the boundary for Cambridgeshire North East has been moved northwards to Chatteris. Which means that a) no more Stephen Barclay, and b) hopefully no more of the fire-starter leaflets from the swivel-eyed right-wing loonies that we used to get (Reform, English Democrats etc), although I think you could lump at least half of the Conservative party in there as well.

We're now in what is essentially the reconstituted old "Isle of Ely" constituency, but with some wards split off from Cambridge added to the southern boundary. So it will be interesting to see how the vote changes. This USED to be a safe Tory seat, but the old Isle of Ely constituency was held by Clement Freud (Liberal).

Anyways, it is time for luncheon.

Electoral Calculus reckon you're likely returning to Liberal.

My constituency has also changed with only a slight increase in blue votes so it remains a safe Labour seat.

Top Bottom