Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
This afternoon I drove down the A1 to Lincoln to visit son no. 1, dropping a frame set off en route.

At the same time son no. 2 was driving north on the M1 having done the British Universities time trial (he did pretty well) as he's got a race near Wakefield tomorrow morning.

We've spent the evening trying to find volunteering opportunities for him, both up here in West Yorkshire and in Nottingham; most places are saying they don't need anyone, even to help for free.

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Sounds like you had fun! :smile:
Oh yes. There was even some of the old ASCARs in the 'Bernies V8s' which you would have been part of in your old photography days at Rockingham

Here is one of the yachts that was racing in Falmouth bay.

Yacht 4.JPG

Gwylan

Veteran
Hold the front page!

News coming in that there's a prescription to collect from Boots. My cycling trip is defined.
Also a mission objective is new shoe laces.

All in vain. There was an error at the intersection between Boots and the doctor's practice. You might expect that after this much practice they'd have worked it out.
New laces required me to buy a pack of 10 assorted laces to get a pair I wanted. That leaves me with 9 pairs dragged, against their will, all the way from China
It's the economy, stupid!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm up yada yada yada

tom73

Guru
All in vain. There was an error at the intersection between Boots and the doctor's practice. You might expect that after this much practice they'd have worked it out.
New laces required me to buy a pack of 10 assorted laces to get a pair I wanted. That leaves me with 9 pairs dragged, against their will, all the way from China
It's the economy, stupid!

In part defence of the GP the system's are not the same once a prescriber send's the script. They have no idea what happens to it e.g if it's even dispensed. Or any control on it. e.g if it requires reissuing they are not able to withdraw it. So can do nothing until the pharmacy uploads it back.

Top Bottom