Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well, at least you can actually read the sun - although it's not exactly what one would consider high brow... :crazy:
He could do that with a couple of copies of the Star.
But the sun, the sun brings heat, warmer weather and possible dry days!

But be wary of any who moon at him.

tyred

Legendary Member
Wind and rain have returned after a short break in service yesterday evening.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I cycled over it in 2019 when I cycled NCN 78 from Campbeltown to Inverness and stopped to take photos from the top of it but it never occurred to me at the time to take photos of the bridge itself as it's quite interesting.

View attachment 733236

There is now a walkway outside the main carriageway. Certainly too narrow for my trike but a bike could be walked along perhaps. Not advised if you have a fear of heights as it is mesh with a clear view of the Loch Etive side of the Falls. It starts where the strut comes down in your photo.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Pouring rain and not going anywhere today I suspect.
I have done most of my shopping and the rest, which is stuff destined for the freezer, can be bought first thing tomorrow before getting on the ferry if it happens to be running.
This means for me an early start as check in time is 0935 but I prefer to be there earlier. Cannot be too early as the relevant shops do not open until 0800 and traffic is unpredictable tho' I know a back route to the terminal which only locals would use.

My electric shaver suddenly stopped working this morning but there was no warning light of low battery. Fortunately I have a spare handy which is a small AA battery powered one I used when cycle camping.
I do have another one which has a fully charged battery in what I call my " hospital bag" but that is out in my car so not handy when it is pouring rain.

Top Bottom