Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Time for a coffee away from the crowds.

IMG_4812.jpeg

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Been shopping and just come back. Looked at the internet and I have been very lucky for once.
Just after I passed a lorry broke down at the top of the hill out of Oban where there is bad visibility both ways so chaos and long queues of traffic which seemed to be pretty high volume anyway.
Then just after I had passed over a lorry has got stuck under girders on the Connel bridge. This usually takes a few hours to clear and on one occasion I had to drive round by Glencoe to get to my destination which is almost exactly half a mile north of the bridge. When I arrived eventually the bridge was still not open.

It's a not too bad a day here chez Casa Reynard - when the sun comes out, it's actually rather pleasant.

Slept well enough, but was up early as I had to serve as taxi driver for the parental unit. We got back earlier than expected, so I spent the remainder of the morning puttering around in the garden. The planters have all been watered, and I gave the grape vine a much-needed hair cut.

I also intended on emptying and cleaning out the planters to take the tomato plants that I bought last month, but in two of them, I've now got tomato plants that have self-seeded. *facepalm*

So I've now got five extra "beefsteak" tomato plants. Whoops! One of them is already some six inches tall. Whoops! I may palm off that one onto a friend, and goodness knows what I'll do with the others.

Madam Lexi is currently perambulating around the sitting room *IN* her play tent. :crazy:

Anyways, it is almost time for luncheon.

tom73

Guru
I can see this from my bedroom window but not close up obviously. Happened about a couple of hours ago and if the bridge is damaged it could be s long time closed so I could be stuck for getting home.

View attachment 733185

View attachment 733186

May turn out to prove costly if any damage. Driver may find driving without due care or attention added to the sheet.

postman

Squire
He might just might be looking for non driving work next week.Repair of a lorry plus steel work inspection of a bridge oh boy that might cost a bit.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
May turn out to prove costly if any damage. Driver may find driving without due care or attention added to the sheet.

Bridge now open after about 4 hour closure so hopefully no serious damage as has happened in the past.
There have been requests to have separate height barriers but the council do not seem to be willing to go ahead. I think there are complicated legal matters to attend to before this can be done.

Top Bottom