Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyways, time to feed the cat, and then it will be time to feed me.

Mike_P

Guru
Largely dull day with a noticeable wind. Postie brought the new bathroom sink tap and I thought maybe my new ebike battery had turned but it was a small vacuum for a neighbour. Thinking about I suppose I am going to get a demand to pay customs on it first. Bird feeder refilled again - noticed the blackbird is a bit of a bully. Waits for a small bird to be feeding and flies up to it forcing it off the feeder in the hope it drops what it is feeding on onto the ground

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I'm sure that East Anglia really needs the extra rain we're having - I could almost see some ground under the water as we crossed the Ouse/Welney washes on the train on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Let me know when the ark comes to a stop, I will send over a pigeon

classic33

Leg End Member
A young woman just called to check my front door. I now know that it's an FD60, while the corridor fire doors are FD30. She thought my intumescent strip was pretty neat. Oh, and we both discovered that I can set my door to self-close. Which, of course, I don't want because it would be a pain getting things in and out of the flat.

I had a nostalgia moment with her, harking back to the days when doors were pretty simple open and shut affairs on hinges.
Your doors don't have hinges!
What else would you have them doing?

Top Bottom