Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Oh joy of joys.. It's Friday. Let's close the Dartford Bridge at 07:45 😕

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a hotel room in a dull and overcast Nottingham. Very good night out yesterday which means it's a bit of a fuzzy start to the day.

Just finishing off the first coffee of the day, quick shower to follow then into the city centre for breakfast before the train home.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Another night at the drama festival (they sell tickets for four nights at a discount). I think I enjoyed tonight's the best so far. Not as high-browed as the other two I've seen but hilariously funny.

I have my fourth ticket for tomorrow night and something serious again.

Does remind me of the shows we used to put on locally every winter. Five nights which varied a bit according to the audience. A lot of the jokes were locally based and some a bit near the bone tho' nobody ever complained.
Like the one about the audience member who took his large dog to the pub as it had to drive him home. The butt found it a bit disturbing since not far from the truth but the local sergeant plod just laughed loudly but took note to have a serious word later.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Garden bird feeders have been topped up
First arrival was a couple of sparrows now waiting for the magpies to arrive

We have no magpies here yet but they are spreading north. That mile of water so far defeats them as it does quite a lot of things. Pine martins either hitched a lift on a timber lorry or some nut case introduced them not long ago.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Another dull start today like yesterday which in the end turned out not as bad as forecast.
Still sorting stuff out from my trip off and the remnants still in the car need to come indoors.

Today is another donation to the black pudding industry the local surgery seems to be running.
Off to see Debbie and her needles again to get more blood samples taken.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
We have no magpies here yet but they are spreading north. That mile of water so far defeats them as it does quite a lot of things. Pine martins either hitched a lift on a timber lorry or some nut case introduced them not long ago.

Over the years the magpie numbers have increased around here locally and we quite often see flocks of 8+ .

I need another trip to Mull for the wildlife

Top Bottom