Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Well.. This afternoon's bicycle ride ended suddenly when the hanger snapped!
Fortunately, I was nearish to No 1's house at school run time so she picked me up & dropped me home after popping into her's for a cuppa first.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Alas not, and I wish.

In this corner of the UK, black pudding is very much a marmite type thing, and so I have to buy what I can get. This black pudding was made by the same people (Simon Howie) that do the haggis that Tesco sells. They've only started stocking that brand of black pudding recently. It's very nice, although having had black pudding in both Belgium and Poland, I know there's way better out there.

The Stornoway back puddings are well distributed in Scotland but the supermarket buyers are a strange lot sometimes and probably do not think they would sell in England or Wales.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The one I normally buy is OK, nothing stellar. I find the texture is on the dry side.

Have noticed that the butcher in town sells haggis, so might have a look to see if he also sells black pudding.

Haggis I think can vary in taste according to region so what you get would not bear much relation to what is available in Angus area.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Lazy day recovering from the efforts of yesterday.
Unpacking the car and then getting things sorted and stashed in the appropriate place I find very exhausting nowadays due to the aortic heart valve narrowing so I have to rest up the day after I return home from a trip away.

This leads me on to the subject of patient transport which since it verges on politics I will brush over a bit. They refuse to be of any assistance for my next appointment in Glasgow. This annoys the hospital staff I spoke to who will have words with them and my DIL is outraged and will take over negotiations next week. A taxi was suggested by patient transport at my expense of at least £400 and possibly £500.
I used to be active in politics so I have started agitating politicians and being troublemaker which may help others if not myself.
I do have a bail out plan if it all goes pear shaped but hopefully it may not be needed.

I have just been offered a pair of non-ped 10 month old tortie & white sisters. Admittedly the cats are lovely (but also in Devon!). I've also been offered a pair of Singapuras (one male, one female) this week, as an addendum to the two boys (one Siamese, one Oriental) that was last week's suggestion.

My friends in the cat fancy are busy trying to help me out bless them, but they seem to have totally misunderstood the concept of ONE MIDDLE-AGED SHORTHAIRED FEMALE CAT.

Makes me giggle though.

Top Bottom