Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Rain ceased this afternoon just long enough to a rubbish bag to the wheelie bin. Carpet looks even worse now but must give to time to dry before treating it again. Its only a small carpet on the landing so it might be cheaper just to get another offcut in not such a light colour - not good walking across with muddy walking or cycling shoes on.

Gwylan

Veteran
That used to be the case but the population is so diluted with settlers now that nobody bothers except for the older population in the Utter Hebs.

Neighbours in Belgium came and knocked the door to tell us.
Also that you cannot use your mower after 1700 or at all on Saturday and Sunday.

Gwylan

Veteran
Spent the last few weeks soul searching , still not found it. Been at work all week which has not helped 1st lot of shifts since Christmas. It just get's worse. Being asked for my time sheet even though I'd not finished for the day. Was not a great move so left early on Friday before I told them what I think. Then got asked why i've not given in my availability for next few weeks. They sent an email 2 weeks ago, no they've not no-one in our team has one.
Oh well at least its stopped rain ... oh :sad:

"They" are there to try us. Courage mon brave.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
What a thoroughly wet & miserable day. Popped out around midday to see mum, but she was out (I later found out that they'd gone on a trip to the bottle bank and for a drive along the sea front - oh the excitement of life at 80+) so got the milk and a sarnie and went back home. The afternoon was then spent sorting out & tidying up the cupboard where I keep the bike spares, car & bike cleaning kit, tools, etc. (the excitement of like at not yet 60!).

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Wheelie bin (non-recyclables) is out front ready for emptying on Monday morning.

tyred

Legendary Member
We are constantly asked for reviews nowadays for everything. I even had an email in the interval before the play was over asking for my experiences (although I realise they're looking for feedback on their booking system, etc).

Some people seem to think their holiday is ruined if the B&B uses the wrong colour of toilet paper or a seaside village smells of fish. Why can't we have a review system for property developers.

Top Bottom