Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Must admit it was chilly when I was riding into the headwind but otherwise not too bad.

Agree re traffic and that's one reason why I go out early to try and avoid it.

'twas chilly here this morning, but Cassie enjoyed the walk.

2.JPG

tyred

Legendary Member
Another nice but chilly day. Patient continues to improve.

I went to a poetry workshop this morning and also have done a lot of walking as I explored the place the workshop was held in (not somewhere I usually go).

I feel the lack of sleep now 💤

I just seen a post in Facebook where someone is proud their grandfather worked on the Titanic. Is building a ship that sank on its maiden voyage really something to be proud of?🤔

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Looks pretty dangerous @Ming the Merciless; you should go and find an A-road.

That’s the way a lot of UK closed roads work. There’s no consideration of road users other than motorised ones. Often times you’ll find a closed quiet road with diversions sending you into A roads or even motorways. More than once I’ve successfully argued my way through closed roads, pointing out to work teams what the alternate diversion means on a bike.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Test ride on the new (to me) bike completed and the only thing that needed tweaking was a tiny rotation of one of the handlebar grips. I had only intended to go to the nearest Halfords to pick up a saddle bag & a pump, but kept going as it turned out to be a better and quicker ride than I had expected. Unlike the weather which started off as bright sunshine but quickly turned very cloudy and with a stong, bitterly cold breeze on the homeward leg.

Before going out, I had put a load of washing on the go, but forgot about it on my return and only remembered when I went to put a dirty towel into the machine having cooked tea!

Top Bottom