Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dry and sunny but still a cold wind.
Seemed colder overnight as I kept on the extra bed cover I use when I go to bed but discard when I get up for a loo visit.

Library day but cannot really go anywhere else as there is an event using the main car park and the car club bampots are having rallies on all the forest roads I could use.
Warnings out on FB to keep clear unless involved.

Washing machine probably finished by now so that needs attention and then coffee.

Last edited:

pawl

Legendary Member
Oh dear. As I've amply learned in the last six weeks, feet can be a bit of a nightmare when things go a bit wrong. We take them so much for granted.

Now that the Body Shop has gone bust you by replacements🐾🦶👣

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where for the second day in a row it's a lovely sunny start to the day. Little bit less of a breeze than yesterday and seems to be a bit warmer. The first coffee of the day has been drunk and I'm about to open a box of Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes for breakfast - which means I'll probably be snacking on these dry for the next few days.

Later on I think I'll head out for a proper test ride on the bike I worked on yesterday and take a multi-tool with me to make any necessary adjustments while I'm out.

Mike_P

Guru
Dull day with the odd shower and a nasty easterly. Some cyclists about this am as the car did a tour of car parks associated with the Co-Op, Waitrose and Asda. Once again no food vouchers offered by Waitrose, only the free newspaper offer. Yellow stickered loaf for toasting purchased along with a couple of items on shelf price offer and four bananas (ouch 20p/kg dearer than M&S)

Mike_P

Guru
The Strava random number step counter somehow has come up with an all-time low of 94 for the 2.7 miles involving Aldi.
Rather strange choice of plant ties on offer other than the common 50m reel of cut to length stuff; some rather bulky white foam things, a pack of plant ties which were green cable ties and another pack which looked very much like a set of removable cable clamps.

Last edited:
It's a mostly sunny and fairly spring-like day here chez Casa Reynard.

Had a rough night and did not sleep well. The strange dreams did not help. Still very achy and crampy and am a bit of a mardy bag today as a result. I feel really cold, too.

Lovely luncheon which included some of that ribeye pork - it's absolutely fabby when cold, sliced very thinly and put onto bread and butter and sprinkled with a little bit of sea salt. Also had the last tangerine from the huge stash (9 kilos) I bought over the Christmas. There were seven pips in it.

Going to settle down for the rest of the afternoon with the grand prix, Crufts, the rugby and the football.

postman

Squire
the burning light was dead bluebottles against the bulb resting in the glass covering.No trip to Aldi Postie had another Vertigo trip this morning.Swung legs out of bed and knew straight away.So back in bed and woke at 12-45 had a light brekkie then sorted the light and watched telly all afternoon.I am not a happy bunny.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Turned out a dull day in all senses and still a cold wind.
Nothing achieved apart from getting my trike lights to work.

Need to keep an eye on Calmac as I am supposed to be off tomorrow but cannot trust the published timetable.
One ferry cancelled in the morning and another half an hour late to allow for emptying the sewage tank.
The only one I could get booked on is late afternoon so if any problems there is no point in going the alternative route but that would be possible the following day but could miss my haircut in that case.
The only fixed appointment is Tuesday morning to get a faulty towbar light relay replaced.

Top Bottom