Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
One on my pet hates is people calling hens chickens!

:laugh: My dad was the same! Out of curiosity at what age do they change from chicken to hen I wonder. Presumably very young.

Off to google.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Screenshot_20240307-065525~2.png

Hen v Chicken

HTH 😄

MikeG

Guru
:laugh: My dad was the same! Out of curiosity at what age do they change from chicken to hen I wonder. Presumably very young.

Off to google.

They're ALWAYS a chicken. It's the name of the species. Consider pheasants wandering along the lane. We don't say "there's a hen in the lane", we say "there's a hen pheasant in the lane". Or just a pheasant. As we have no male chickens, we don't need to distinguish between male and female, so all the birds we keep are chickens.

Besides, they answer to "chickens". When we call them in the evening, they come running to "chick chick chick chickens". Nothing else works. I rest my case m'lud.

Morning all.

They're ALWAYS a chicken. It's the name of the species. Consider pheasants wandering along the lane. We don't say "there's a hen in the lane", we say "there's a hen pheasant in the lane". Or just a pheasant. As we have no male chickens, we don't need to distinguish between male and female, so all the birds we keep are chickens.

Besides, they answer to "chickens". When we call them in the evening, they come running to "chick chick chick chickens". Nothing else works. I rest my case m'lud.

Morning all.

Or Kentucky Fried Hen ! :whistle:

Morning.
The grey is gradually turning blue and cream .

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Never though there was so much verbaige could be generated by hens.
Anyway looks a nice morning so far but too early to tell if it will last.

Just been interrupted by my landline phone and somebody says there have been two suspicious transactions on my card this morning. Not had one of those few few weeks.

Last evening looking out my front window I saw the skipper of a local ferry trudging up the road with his aged labrador. About 20 yards behind is a cat which I presume is his. Last year the cat came up the same distance behind any time I happened to see him but it has not been visible all winter. I thought it had gone off to the great cattery in the sky but it was really just being sensible and staying indoors when it was cold and wet.^_^

Top Bottom