Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
FD30 or 60? If 60, they'll be inspecting your doors, vision panels, anmd smoke seals as well. But keep them well away from your tumescence.

It might be as high as FD120 - though the building is only 6 floors high, it counts as one needing extra protection since post-Grenfell legislation was introduced.

tyred

Legendary Member
My Mum is in Aberdeen to attend the funeral of my uncle (her oldest brother) tomorrow and now my Dad has ended up in hospital with a chest infection and fluid on his lungs. My much older brother who hasn't spoken to me in about 20 years neglected to tell me. I went to visit after work and my brother turned up and completely blanked me as usual, as if I wasn't there. It's what I would have expected but it has really irritated me. :evil:

tyred

Legendary Member
One wonders why toaster manufacturers and bakeries can't talk to each other and make everything to a standard size so my slice of bread fits the toaster properly.

classic33

Leg End Member
My Mum is in Aberdeen to attend the funeral of my uncle (her oldest brother) tomorrow and now my Dad has ended up in hospital with a chest infection and fluid on his lungs. My much older brother who hasn't spoken to me in about 20 years neglected to tell me. I went to visit after work and my brother turned up and completely blanked me as usual, as if I wasn't there. It's what I would have expected but it has really irritated me. :evil:
I hope your dad is back home and better soon.

classic33

Leg End Member
One wonders why toaster manufacturers and bakeries can't talk to each other and make everything to a standard size so my slice of bread fits the toaster properly.
There's a bakers I know of, on your side of the Irish Sea, that has done that.
It'd only be a short ride down to Killaloe, and a short trip over the bridge to Ballina. Turning left, will get you Keogh's.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
One loop by bike into Felixstowe this morning and another out to Claydon on a different bike this afternoon all done in the most welcome sunshine. The only problem is the easterly wind still has a bit of a cold bite to it at this time of year. I've had two phone calls today from the main dealer where I used to get my car serviced - perhaps they didn't believe me the first time when I said I'd had it done locally.

Still undecided as to what I'm doing tomorrow, but am tending towards a ride out for lunch rather than a train - bike - train outing as at least I know there won't be any problems with flooded roads.

Top Bottom